Katt Williams Arrested After Bizarre Police Chase
By Eric Brown | December 10, 2012 12:37 PM EST
Comedian Katt Williams was arrested in Northern California this weekend as a result of leading police on a bizarre chase across Sacramento on Nov. 25. Williams posted bail on Saturday after spending the previous night in the Yolo County Jail.
During the chase, Williams drove a three-wheeled motorcycle on the wrong side of the road. Williams allegedly came close to hitting five pedestrians during the bizarre joyride.
While police abandoned the chase in the interest of public safety, they put out a warrant on the comedian and arrested him this weekend, the Sacramento Bee reported.
Williams’ arrest comes during a string of high-profile incidents involving the comedian. Recently, a video of Williams slapping a Target store employee in the face was posted online. Williams is also being sued for a botched standup performance that took place last month.
The class-action lawsuit targets both Williams and his show’s promoter, Live Nation, for a performance in Oakland on Nov. 16, according to TMZ. The lawsuit was filed by Brian Herline on Nov. 22.
According to the suit, Williams was onstage for all of 10 minutes before storming offstage. Reportedly, Williams delivered almost no comedic material during that time, but instead "confronted a heckler, took his clothes off, and attempted to fight at least three audience members."
Apparently, fans were extremely disappointed by the “nonperformance,” which explains the legal action being taken against Williams. In recent years, Williams has become known for bizarre behavior at his standup shows.
The arrest and lawsuit are only a small part of Williams’ current legal troubles. Two days before the aborted performance, the comedian was arrested on suspicion of battery in Oakland after allegedly getting into a fight at a club and hitting a man over the head with a glass bottle, as noted by TMZ.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L