Royal Pranksters 2Day FM's Mel Greig, Michael Christian to be Questioned by ACMA, Scotland Yard
By Christine Gaylican | December 10, 2012 11:55 AM EST
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is now preparing to step in and investigate the hoax call made by radio presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian of Aussie radio station 2Day FM's if they have violated the Commercial Radio Code Practice.
The prank call made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian is now being blamed for the death of the victim, nursing staff Jacintha Saldanha, found dead at the hospital's staff quarters last Saturday and believed to have committed suicide.
The ACMA, the regulator of radio broadcasts in Australia, said in a statement that it has received complaints world-wide regarding the conduct made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian, who are now on indefinite leave from their work at the radio station.
The two Aussie radio presenters are reported by The Australian receiving psychological and emotional treatment and support as well because of the threats and other negative messages received since the Royal prank made last week.
Ms Greig and Mr Christian will likely be questioned by the Scotland Yard, as authorities are in touch with Aussie police, Sky News said.
British authorities are still awaiting a post-mortem examination and report from the Westminster Coroner's Court of the remains of Ms Jacintha Saldanha, the prank victim.
The Prank Victim
Ms Saldanha, an Indian native and UK immigrant for the last 10 years, was the victim of a hoax call made by the Aussie radio presenters, who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles. She left two teen-age children behind.
Reports from the Daily Mail UK said Ms Saldanha accepted the call and passed it to another nursing staff believing the call was for real and were indeed the royal in-laws of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, wife to the heir to the throne, Prince William, was hospitalised for an illness related to her pregnancy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- MH370 Search Update: Was Reported That Experts Claim To Know The Possible Location; Suggest Authorities To Look ‘Further South In The Indian Ocean’
- 2014 Lunar Eclipse: Where To Best View Total Lunar Eclipse Peak On October 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money