Royal Pranksters 2Day FM's Mel Greig, Michael Christian to be Questioned by ACMA, Scotland Yard
By Christine Gaylican | December 10, 2012 11:55 AM EST
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is now preparing to step in and investigate the hoax call made by radio presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian of Aussie radio station 2Day FM's if they have violated the Commercial Radio Code Practice.
The prank call made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian is now being blamed for the death of the victim, nursing staff Jacintha Saldanha, found dead at the hospital's staff quarters last Saturday and believed to have committed suicide.
The ACMA, the regulator of radio broadcasts in Australia, said in a statement that it has received complaints world-wide regarding the conduct made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian, who are now on indefinite leave from their work at the radio station.
The two Aussie radio presenters are reported by The Australian receiving psychological and emotional treatment and support as well because of the threats and other negative messages received since the Royal prank made last week.
Ms Greig and Mr Christian will likely be questioned by the Scotland Yard, as authorities are in touch with Aussie police, Sky News said.
British authorities are still awaiting a post-mortem examination and report from the Westminster Coroner's Court of the remains of Ms Jacintha Saldanha, the prank victim.
The Prank Victim
Ms Saldanha, an Indian native and UK immigrant for the last 10 years, was the victim of a hoax call made by the Aussie radio presenters, who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles. She left two teen-age children behind.
Reports from the Daily Mail UK said Ms Saldanha accepted the call and passed it to another nursing staff believing the call was for real and were indeed the royal in-laws of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, wife to the heir to the throne, Prince William, was hospitalised for an illness related to her pregnancy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date