Royal Pranksters 2Day FM's Mel Greig, Michael Christian to be Questioned by ACMA, Scotland Yard
By Christine Gaylican | December 10, 2012 11:55 AM EST
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is now preparing to step in and investigate the hoax call made by radio presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian of Aussie radio station 2Day FM's if they have violated the Commercial Radio Code Practice.
The prank call made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian is now being blamed for the death of the victim, nursing staff Jacintha Saldanha, found dead at the hospital's staff quarters last Saturday and believed to have committed suicide.
The ACMA, the regulator of radio broadcasts in Australia, said in a statement that it has received complaints world-wide regarding the conduct made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian, who are now on indefinite leave from their work at the radio station.
The two Aussie radio presenters are reported by The Australian receiving psychological and emotional treatment and support as well because of the threats and other negative messages received since the Royal prank made last week.
Ms Greig and Mr Christian will likely be questioned by the Scotland Yard, as authorities are in touch with Aussie police, Sky News said.
British authorities are still awaiting a post-mortem examination and report from the Westminster Coroner's Court of the remains of Ms Jacintha Saldanha, the prank victim.
The Prank Victim
Ms Saldanha, an Indian native and UK immigrant for the last 10 years, was the victim of a hoax call made by the Aussie radio presenters, who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles. She left two teen-age children behind.
Reports from the Daily Mail UK said Ms Saldanha accepted the call and passed it to another nursing staff believing the call was for real and were indeed the royal in-laws of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, wife to the heir to the throne, Prince William, was hospitalised for an illness related to her pregnancy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia