Royal Pranksters 2Day FM's Mel Greig, Michael Christian to be Questioned by ACMA, Scotland Yard
By Christine Gaylican | December 10, 2012 11:55 AM EST
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is now preparing to step in and investigate the hoax call made by radio presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian of Aussie radio station 2Day FM's if they have violated the Commercial Radio Code Practice.
The prank call made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian is now being blamed for the death of the victim, nursing staff Jacintha Saldanha, found dead at the hospital's staff quarters last Saturday and believed to have committed suicide.
The ACMA, the regulator of radio broadcasts in Australia, said in a statement that it has received complaints world-wide regarding the conduct made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian, who are now on indefinite leave from their work at the radio station.
The two Aussie radio presenters are reported by The Australian receiving psychological and emotional treatment and support as well because of the threats and other negative messages received since the Royal prank made last week.
Ms Greig and Mr Christian will likely be questioned by the Scotland Yard, as authorities are in touch with Aussie police, Sky News said.
British authorities are still awaiting a post-mortem examination and report from the Westminster Coroner's Court of the remains of Ms Jacintha Saldanha, the prank victim.
The Prank Victim
Ms Saldanha, an Indian native and UK immigrant for the last 10 years, was the victim of a hoax call made by the Aussie radio presenters, who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles. She left two teen-age children behind.
Reports from the Daily Mail UK said Ms Saldanha accepted the call and passed it to another nursing staff believing the call was for real and were indeed the royal in-laws of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, wife to the heir to the throne, Prince William, was hospitalised for an illness related to her pregnancy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff