Royal Pranksters 2Day FM's Mel Greig, Michael Christian to be Questioned by ACMA, Scotland Yard
By Christine Gaylican | December 10, 2012 11:55 AM EST
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is now preparing to step in and investigate the hoax call made by radio presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian of Aussie radio station 2Day FM's if they have violated the Commercial Radio Code Practice.
The prank call made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian is now being blamed for the death of the victim, nursing staff Jacintha Saldanha, found dead at the hospital's staff quarters last Saturday and believed to have committed suicide.
The ACMA, the regulator of radio broadcasts in Australia, said in a statement that it has received complaints world-wide regarding the conduct made by Ms Greig and Mr Christian, who are now on indefinite leave from their work at the radio station.
The two Aussie radio presenters are reported by The Australian receiving psychological and emotional treatment and support as well because of the threats and other negative messages received since the Royal prank made last week.
Ms Greig and Mr Christian will likely be questioned by the Scotland Yard, as authorities are in touch with Aussie police, Sky News said.
British authorities are still awaiting a post-mortem examination and report from the Westminster Coroner's Court of the remains of Ms Jacintha Saldanha, the prank victim.
The Prank Victim
Ms Saldanha, an Indian native and UK immigrant for the last 10 years, was the victim of a hoax call made by the Aussie radio presenters, who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles. She left two teen-age children behind.
Reports from the Daily Mail UK said Ms Saldanha accepted the call and passed it to another nursing staff believing the call was for real and were indeed the royal in-laws of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, wife to the heir to the throne, Prince William, was hospitalised for an illness related to her pregnancy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter