Android OS Updates for ASUS Padfone 2, Motorola, and LG Optimus 2x
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 10, 2012 10:23 AM EST
The update is out for several Android mobile devices such as the ASUS Padfone 2, many Motorola units, and finally the LG Optimus 2x. The long wait among these devices is over and the standardisation of Android OS version is finally scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2013.
ASUS Padfone 2 - JellyBean 4.1.1 Update
The update for Padfone 2 to obtain JellyBean 4.1.1 is via OTA or Over the Air, which can be accessed right from the phone. As a technical warning, the device must be at least 50% charged or better yet to prevent any possible error during download and installation. Make sure as well to connect via wireless Internet such as 3G or WiFi to access the update.
The Build number of the ASUS Padfone 2 update of the Taiwanese unit is JRO03L 10.4.5.33 that can be seen in the "About Padfone" section of the device.
The difference of the looks after the update is hardly seen because the ASUS preserved the same skin of the ICS update. However, notifications and other several JellyBean features are confirmed, such as:
- Google Now
- Updated Face Unlock Feature
- Offline Google Voice Typing
- Volume keys as the camera key
The update process will take 15 to 30 minutes to complete. If the phone gets stuck during the boot process for too long, simply turn it off and turn it on back again.
LG Optimus 2x Receives Ice Cream Sandwich
It is yummy and delicious and has hit LG Optimus 2x - the Ice Cream Sandwich of the Android OS. For several times, the update was just a rumour, then cancelled, then not uncancelled, then delayed, and after all that, finally released for Korea.
The update is available for download via LG's PC update utility, and its firmware version is Android 4.0.4 based v30a firmware. The update is expected to bring more speed, performance and additional features for the Optimus 2X with applications, including Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Chrome. For the Optimus UI 3.0l, there is no specific confirmation yet if it would be included in the update.
For users who do not have the PC Update Utility yet, try out the FOTA or Firmware Over the Air update procedure. The option is available in the menu, there the use will see Software Update option.
A hint: LG will be offering ICS version update for other smartphones such as Optimus LTE, Prada phone by LG 3.0, Optimus Sol and Eclipse. According to LG mobile posted at Facebook back in December 26, 2011, the update processes has began in the second quarter of 2012.
Motorola Finally Updates
Motorola has released another update progress for their smartphones as part of their new OS upgrade strategy.
The list of devices is extensive for update of Android 4.1 JellyBean or Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and it consists of both phones and tablets. For now here are some of the devices in list which will receive updates:
- RAZR i: JellyBean
- Verizon Droid RAZR HD/RAZR MAXX HD: JellyBean
- AT&T Atrix HD: JellyBean
- 3G/LTE Xoom: JellyBean
- Canadian Atrix HD and RAZR HD: JellyBean
- Euro RAZR HD: JellyBean
The devices above will receive their updates on Q1 of 2013, except the Euro RAZR HD which is scheduled for release December 2012. So far, Android 4.2 JellyBean version update is not yet known if available by early 2013, but the JellyBean 4.1 will be open real soon.
For more Android OS update rules, here is a YouTube posting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’