Army Vs. Navy Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Preview, Prediction, Betting Odds
December 9, 2012 4:20 AM EST
Looking to salvage their season and end a 10-game slide to their rival, Army meets Navy for the 113th time Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia.
Army dropped to 2-9 after a 63-32 drubbing at the hands of Temple back on Nov. 17. The Owls Montel Harris gained 351 yards and seven touchdowns on 36 carries, nearly out-gaining the Black Knights on the ground.
Army senior quarterback Trent Steelman rushed for 139 yards and three touchdowns, an sophomore running back Larry Dixon needed just nine carries for 106 yards.
Navy has had a far better season, posting a 7-4 record and earning a bowl berth against Arizona State on Dec. 29.
The Midshipmen started the year 1-3, but ripped off a five-game win streak and have won six of their last seven games with the nation’s sixth ranked rushing offense.
Navy totaled 407 rushing yards in their 21-10 win over Texas State, led by sophomore running back Noah Copeland’s 110 yards and two touchdowns. It was the second 100-yard rushing game of the season for Copeland, while senior and team-leading rusher Gee Gee Greene chipped in 71 yards.
Freshman quarterback Keenan Reynolds also gained 50 yards, but had his four-game streak with at least one rushing touchdown snapped. Reynolds leads the Midshipmen with nine rushing touchdowns this year, and has also thrown for eight scores.
The Midshipmen lead the all-time series 56-49-7, and won last year’s matchup 27-21 behind Kriss Proctor’s 97 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
Betting Odds: Navy is favored by 7 points
Over/Under: 55 points
Prediction: This should be a tune up for Navy before their bowl game, but Army will keep the game close throughout. Copeland and Green should have huge games, and Navy will prevail.
Predicted Score: Navy 35, Army 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’