Army Vs. Navy Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Preview, Prediction, Betting Odds
December 9, 2012 4:20 AM EST
Looking to salvage their season and end a 10-game slide to their rival, Army meets Navy for the 113th time Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia.
Army dropped to 2-9 after a 63-32 drubbing at the hands of Temple back on Nov. 17. The Owls Montel Harris gained 351 yards and seven touchdowns on 36 carries, nearly out-gaining the Black Knights on the ground.
Army senior quarterback Trent Steelman rushed for 139 yards and three touchdowns, an sophomore running back Larry Dixon needed just nine carries for 106 yards.
Navy has had a far better season, posting a 7-4 record and earning a bowl berth against Arizona State on Dec. 29.
The Midshipmen started the year 1-3, but ripped off a five-game win streak and have won six of their last seven games with the nation’s sixth ranked rushing offense.
Navy totaled 407 rushing yards in their 21-10 win over Texas State, led by sophomore running back Noah Copeland’s 110 yards and two touchdowns. It was the second 100-yard rushing game of the season for Copeland, while senior and team-leading rusher Gee Gee Greene chipped in 71 yards.
Freshman quarterback Keenan Reynolds also gained 50 yards, but had his four-game streak with at least one rushing touchdown snapped. Reynolds leads the Midshipmen with nine rushing touchdowns this year, and has also thrown for eight scores.
The Midshipmen lead the all-time series 56-49-7, and won last year’s matchup 27-21 behind Kriss Proctor’s 97 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
Betting Odds: Navy is favored by 7 points
Over/Under: 55 points
Prediction: This should be a tune up for Navy before their bowl game, but Army will keep the game close throughout. Copeland and Green should have huge games, and Navy will prevail.
Predicted Score: Navy 35, Army 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar