Army Vs. Navy Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Preview, Prediction, Betting Odds
December 9, 2012 4:20 AM EST
Looking to salvage their season and end a 10-game slide to their rival, Army meets Navy for the 113th time Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia.
Army dropped to 2-9 after a 63-32 drubbing at the hands of Temple back on Nov. 17. The Owls Montel Harris gained 351 yards and seven touchdowns on 36 carries, nearly out-gaining the Black Knights on the ground.
Army senior quarterback Trent Steelman rushed for 139 yards and three touchdowns, an sophomore running back Larry Dixon needed just nine carries for 106 yards.
Navy has had a far better season, posting a 7-4 record and earning a bowl berth against Arizona State on Dec. 29.
The Midshipmen started the year 1-3, but ripped off a five-game win streak and have won six of their last seven games with the nation’s sixth ranked rushing offense.
Navy totaled 407 rushing yards in their 21-10 win over Texas State, led by sophomore running back Noah Copeland’s 110 yards and two touchdowns. It was the second 100-yard rushing game of the season for Copeland, while senior and team-leading rusher Gee Gee Greene chipped in 71 yards.
Freshman quarterback Keenan Reynolds also gained 50 yards, but had his four-game streak with at least one rushing touchdown snapped. Reynolds leads the Midshipmen with nine rushing touchdowns this year, and has also thrown for eight scores.
The Midshipmen lead the all-time series 56-49-7, and won last year’s matchup 27-21 behind Kriss Proctor’s 97 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
Betting Odds: Navy is favored by 7 points
Over/Under: 55 points
Prediction: This should be a tune up for Navy before their bowl game, but Army will keep the game close throughout. Copeland and Green should have huge games, and Navy will prevail.
Predicted Score: Navy 35, Army 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales