Houston Rockets Vs. San Antonio Spurs: Where To Watch Jeremy Lin Live Online, Prediction, Betting Odds
December 8, 2012 9:54 AM EST
One of the most popular players in the NBA looks to help his squad upset one of the best teams in the league on Friday night.
Jeremy Lin and the Houston Rockets will visit the San Antonio Spurs at 8:30 p.m. ET. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
The Rockets are coming off one of their biggest wins of the 2012-2013 season. They defeated the Los Angeles Lakers 107-105 on Tuesday night in a come-from-behind victory. Houston outscored L.A. by 12 in the final period. They began to foul Dwight Howard towards the end of the game, and forced the poor free throw shooter to head to the line a total of 16 times.
Houston’s bench was the biggest reason for the victory. Toney Douglas, Greg Smith and Carlos Delfino combined to score 58 points. They picked up the slack for Lin and James Harden. Lin had just four points on two of eight shooting, while Harden missed 16 of his 19 shot attempts.
No matter who’s playing well, the Rockets usually find a way to score points. They’re second in the league, averaging 103.7 points per game.
The Spurs also sport a high-powered offense, scoring just one point fewer per contest. They’re success is predicated on excellent passing, as they lead the NBA with 24.5 assists per game.
Each team is playing well entering Friday night. Houston has won five of its last six games, while San Antonio has lost just one of its last eight. The Spurs only defeat in that time came in their controversial matchup with the Miami Heat. The organization was ultimately fined because Greg Popovich decided to leave Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green at home.
Even in a loss, the Spurs were able to show just how deep they are. San Antonio has the sixth-highest scoring bench in basketball, and seems to have success, despite any injuries they encounter. On Wednesday, they beat the Milwaukee Bucks, without four players.
If the playoffs started today, the two teams would face each other in the first round. The Spurs enter the game as the three-seed in the Western Conference at 15-4. The Rockets are currently seeded sixth at 9-8.
Betting Line: San Antonio-8.5, 212
Prediction: San Antonio 113, Houston 100
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop