JCP Ad Offends One Million Moms, More Campaigns The Group Fights Against
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 8, 2012 6:15 AM EST
Activist group, One Million Moms, recently targeted comedian Ellen DeGeneres for her JCPenney Christmas ad.
The commercial that features DeGeneres unintentionally insulting some of Santa’s elves seems harmless, and even mildly amusing to most; however, the far-right, anti-LGBT group took enough issue with the ad to once again urge that JCPenney replace the comedian as a spokesperson, having done so previously this year, in February.
But DeGeneres is not the only thing of which the group disapproves. Established by the conservative fundamentalist Christian non-profit organization, the American Family Association, One Million Moms targets several staples of popular culture, having stated that it aims to “stop the exploitation of children” by the media.
“Fed up with the trash in today's media?” reads an image on its website.
“Take action now. Let your voice be heard. Make a difference.”
Here’s a rundown of some of the group’s most recent campaigns.
Dec. 6: the organization opposes Urban Outfitters selling sweaters with the caption “F*CK YEAH HOLIDAY SWEATERS.”
“The majority of the company's customers are between the ages of 18 and 24, but the second largest demographic are kids under 18,” said the group on its website.
“Bottom line, their website and products are offensive and inappropriate for a store whose primary customers are teens.”
Nov. 29: the organization opposes the CBS drama “Person of Interest,” introducing a married lesbian couple onto the show.
“Viewers find out the female heart surgeon's spouse is actually another woman. They treated this immoral relationship just like any other married couple,” said the group on its website.
“Clearly this is a way of promoting the homosexual agenda by making it appear absolutely normal.”
Nov. 7: the organization opposes the USA drama "Suits," using Jesus as a curse word.
“This is typical of current television, and our children are being desensitized by it so that some don't even recognize blasphemy when they hear it,” said the group on its website.
Nov. 1: the organization opposes the NBC drama “The New Normal,” and for various story lines and dialogue it deems anti-Christian.
“The program has constantly ridiculed anyone who believes differently than its makers do and even mocks conservative values,” said the group on its website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’