JCP Ad Offends One Million Moms, More Campaigns The Group Fights Against
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 8, 2012 6:15 AM EST
Activist group, One Million Moms, recently targeted comedian Ellen DeGeneres for her JCPenney Christmas ad.
The commercial that features DeGeneres unintentionally insulting some of Santa’s elves seems harmless, and even mildly amusing to most; however, the far-right, anti-LGBT group took enough issue with the ad to once again urge that JCPenney replace the comedian as a spokesperson, having done so previously this year, in February.
But DeGeneres is not the only thing of which the group disapproves. Established by the conservative fundamentalist Christian non-profit organization, the American Family Association, One Million Moms targets several staples of popular culture, having stated that it aims to “stop the exploitation of children” by the media.
“Fed up with the trash in today's media?” reads an image on its website.
“Take action now. Let your voice be heard. Make a difference.”
Here’s a rundown of some of the group’s most recent campaigns.
Dec. 6: the organization opposes Urban Outfitters selling sweaters with the caption “F*CK YEAH HOLIDAY SWEATERS.”
“The majority of the company's customers are between the ages of 18 and 24, but the second largest demographic are kids under 18,” said the group on its website.
“Bottom line, their website and products are offensive and inappropriate for a store whose primary customers are teens.”
Nov. 29: the organization opposes the CBS drama “Person of Interest,” introducing a married lesbian couple onto the show.
“Viewers find out the female heart surgeon's spouse is actually another woman. They treated this immoral relationship just like any other married couple,” said the group on its website.
“Clearly this is a way of promoting the homosexual agenda by making it appear absolutely normal.”
Nov. 7: the organization opposes the USA drama "Suits," using Jesus as a curse word.
“This is typical of current television, and our children are being desensitized by it so that some don't even recognize blasphemy when they hear it,” said the group on its website.
Nov. 1: the organization opposes the NBC drama “The New Normal,” and for various story lines and dialogue it deems anti-Christian.
“The program has constantly ridiculed anyone who believes differently than its makers do and even mocks conservative values,” said the group on its website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money