Kate Middleton Nurse Conspiracy Theories: Twitter Skeptics Believe Jacintha Saldanha Didn't Commit Suicide After DJ Hoax
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 8, 2012 4:31 AM EST
Jacintha Saldanha, the hospital nurse who gave information about the health of Kate Middleton to Australian DJs purporting to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles, was found dead after she apparently committed suicide, sparking conspiracy theories and skepticism over the death.
Twitter was aflutter with conspiracy theories following the news of the nurse committing suicide.
Saldanha faced embarrassment after the radio hoax was spread on the Internet, and she was found dead near King Edward VII’s Hospital in London.
The nurse’s cause of death is believed to be suicide, but that hasn’t stopped conspiracy theorists and skeptics for raising suspicions about the death.
Twitter user @MoodySOfficial theorized that the British intellignce service, MI6, is responsible for killing Saldanha.
“I think the nurse was assassinated by MI6 for giving out confidential info about the duchess & now they tryna say its suicide
#conspiracy,” the Twitter account wrote.
Twitter user @Gorm_0 believed the royal family was involved in Saldanha’s death.
“It's a conspiracy the nurse didn't kill herself, it was those bastards in the "Royal" Family that killed that her!” he wrote.
The royal family has not been immune to conspiracies, with many skeptics believing the royals played or the intelligence service played a role in the Paris car accident that killed Princess Diana in 1997. Others believe Prince Harry’s father is not Prince Charles.
“Princess Diana was killed by British MI6. Now the nurse who took the prank phone has suddenly died. This is all a conspiracy. Whats going on,” wrote Tuck Speedman.
“Kate's nurse found dead--- I like my conspiracy theories. I think she was assassinated by Alfayed (harrods) Diana style,” speculated @StretcherM0nkey, referring to Mohammed Al-Fayed, the owner of famed London department store Harrod’s and the father of Dodi Al-Fayed, Diana’s boyfriend at the time of her death.
Twitter user @NclBitch wondered aloud why Saldanha would want to kill herself over the prank.
Twitter user Darren Daniels shared similar thoughts.
“So Kate's nurse commits suicide over prank calls?? More like Queen has her killed
#conspiracy,” he wrote.
Twitter user @KeithTrue said it’s too early to call Saldanha’s death a conspiracy.
“The crazies are already chalking the nurse suicide up toconspiracy, you'll have a point if the 2 Aussies (who aren't available) vanish too,” he wrote, referring to the DJs.
The news of Saldanha’s suicide sent shock waves in Britain and beyond, with Kate and husband Prince William expressing their condolences over the nurse’s death.
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Jacintha Saldanha. Their Royal Highnesses were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha’s family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time,” the couple said in a statement.
The hospital also expressed its sadness over the nurse’s death and said it had supported her after the prank call went viral.
“It is with very deep sadness that we confirm the tragic death of a member of our nursing staff, Jacintha Saldanha. Jacintha has worked at the King Edward VII’s Hospital for more than four years,” the hospital said in a statement. “She was an excellent nurse and well-respected and popular with all of her colleagues. We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital. The hospital had been supporting her throughout this difficult time.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How