Infosys FY13 Revenue Outlook Under threat: UBS
December 7, 2012 8:26 PM EST
Infosys' dollar revenue growth outlook of 5 percent for the year ending March 2013 could be under threat, Chief Executive S.D. Shibulal was attributed as saying by UBS in an investor meet.
Customer deferrals, ramp-downs in a few large projects, delays in large deal closures and longer-than-expected client shutdowns due to Hurricane Sandy, especially in the manufacturing sector, may cause threat to outlook, says a UBS note.
UBS says not surprised by potential outlook cut, but fears its own revenue forecast for company at 3.8 pct may be hurt as it had not factored impact of Hurricane Sandy.
"Our conversation with Infosys reinforces our concerns on near-term pressures on guidance. This is likely to impact stock price over the near term, but we see limited downside from current levels given the low expectations and cheaper valuations," says the note.
Nomura says possibility of an organic revenue growth outlook cut in the third quarter of current fiscal year remains high. It prefers companies with current business momentum like HCL Technologies, Cognizant Technology Solutions and Tata Consultancy Services.
UBS, Nomura both retain "Neutral" rating on Infosys stock. Shares fall 0.6 percent.
An Infosys spokeswoman does not have an immediate comment.
The NSE's IT index has fallen 2.73 percent in last two days after a Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp filing with the SEC raised concerns about its 2013 revenue outlook.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- AT&T Offers 1 Gigabit/Second Download Speed in Cupertino
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Shares Reach $100 Mark Since Stock Split; First Flagship Store in Middle East May Open Soon
- Anti-Virus Company Symantec to Switch to Subscription Service, Consolidates Norton Products
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence