Knicks' Kurt Thomas Takes Hilarious Heat On Twitter
By Connor Sheets | December 7, 2012 1:55 PM EST
Kurt Thomas, one of the least-flashy members of the Knicks' deep squad this year, trended on Twitter Thursday night at the start of the Knicks-Heat game in Miami.
Many casual NBA observers were likely surprised to see the aging Kurt Thomas take the floor at American Airlines Arena back in blue-and-orange, much less making buckets.
In fact Thomas, who started for Carmelo Anthony who was out with a hand laceration, was the Knicks' leading scorer early on the game. They were up 12-9 with 5:29 left in the first, but he was tops with four.
And as he was in the spotlight for that brief moment Thursday evening, Twitter exploded with good-natured ribbing about his age.
Kurt Thomas, who turned 40 on Oct. 4, has played for nine teams in his 17-year NBA career, and is back on a second stint with the Knicks.
And Twitter users were sure to remind us about that fact, generating jokes about his “experience” faster than one could keep up with scrolling through.
Some gems emerged in this burst of attention to a player with undeniable skill who is reaching the twilight of his lengthy basketball career.
Gotta love seeing 76-year-old Kurt Thomas still playing rugged, intelligent and effective basketball.”
But the gentle ribbing took a turn for the negative shortly after he missed an easy lay-up.
No matter how long his brush with recognition lasts, Kurt Thomas was back in the spotlight Thursday night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage