Knicks' Kurt Thomas Takes Hilarious Heat On Twitter
By Connor Sheets | December 7, 2012 1:55 PM EST
Kurt Thomas, one of the least-flashy members of the Knicks' deep squad this year, trended on Twitter Thursday night at the start of the Knicks-Heat game in Miami.
Many casual NBA observers were likely surprised to see the aging Kurt Thomas take the floor at American Airlines Arena back in blue-and-orange, much less making buckets.
In fact Thomas, who started for Carmelo Anthony who was out with a hand laceration, was the Knicks' leading scorer early on the game. They were up 12-9 with 5:29 left in the first, but he was tops with four.
And as he was in the spotlight for that brief moment Thursday evening, Twitter exploded with good-natured ribbing about his age.
Kurt Thomas, who turned 40 on Oct. 4, has played for nine teams in his 17-year NBA career, and is back on a second stint with the Knicks.
And Twitter users were sure to remind us about that fact, generating jokes about his “experience” faster than one could keep up with scrolling through.
Some gems emerged in this burst of attention to a player with undeniable skill who is reaching the twilight of his lengthy basketball career.
Gotta love seeing 76-year-old Kurt Thomas still playing rugged, intelligent and effective basketball.”
But the gentle ribbing took a turn for the negative shortly after he missed an easy lay-up.
No matter how long his brush with recognition lasts, Kurt Thomas was back in the spotlight Thursday night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed