Did Mars Curiosity Rover Catch a Rodent? YouTube Debate – Rock or Rat? [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | December 7, 2012 1:42 PM EST
'Rodent life on Mars?' This is the idea raised by a UFO hunter this week.
Here are some of the comments posted regarding the video called, "Rodent Guinea Pig Photographed on Mars:"
its obviously just a rock - mightyoss
I checked the NASA photo and it's definitely there. Wild stuff. - onefodderunit
I for one think it is an amazing find. To those who state it's a rock, well you maybe right, however if you saw the same picture but taken on Earth, would you not think it looked like some type of rodent ? or would you say it looked like a rock ? because it is another planet the people without open minds say it's a rock even though it looks more like a rodent. Of course the other thing is, that this is actually a picture from Earth that only looks like Mars ! - eloundainfo
it's a rock. believe me i've seen many of those here on earth. Lol - forinner
Those who want to see the original photo, follow this link to a NASA web page.
The YouTube video uploader, UFO HuntingClouds, is a UFO watcher who helps keep track UFO sightings shared online.
The video description notes, "Here is a photo of a guinea pig photographed on Mars by the Curiosity Rover SOL 52! When zoomed in you can clearly see the animals face sticking out."
VIDEO CLIP: Did the Curiosity rover discover life on Mars?
Watch the video here or play the media below to see for yourself.
NASA to announce latest Curiosity findings this month
NASA has recently clarified an earlier remark with regards to the latest Martian findings.
After Curiosity scientist John Grotzinger told NPR something that is "one for the history books," a spokesperson explained the entire Curiosity mission is in fact for the history books.
Rumours spread that either Curiosity has found organic materials - aka building blocks of life - or something even better. But NASA does not want anyone to be over-thrilled.
"We have no definitive detection of Martian organics at this point, but we will keep looking in the diverse environments of Gale Crater," NASA scientist Paul Mahaffy said in a statement on Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mars Unusual Feature: Alien Skull Buried In Martian Sand
- Zero-Gravity Update: Coffee Machine Brews Fresh ISSpresso For Astronauts
- Stephen Hawking's Facebook Posts Tell You How The Cosmologist Reacts To 'Theory Of Everything' And 'Interstellar'
- Sydney Heatwave Roundup: Mercury Rising To 40 Degrees, Severe Fire Warnings In Place
- Crop Production Amplifies Carbon Dioxide Cycle
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports