Glenn Beck, Peter Billingsley, Vince Vaughn To Produce Reality Show About Documentary Filmmakers Called 'Pursuit Of Truth'
By IB Times Staff Reporter | December 7, 2012 8:13 AM EST
Conservative media personality Glenn Beck has announced he’ll be teaming up with actor Vince Vaughn to create a new reality show. “Pursuit of Truth,” set to be televised next year on Beck’s own network TheBlazeTV, will be a competition between 20 documentary filmmakers each trying to secure financing for one of their projects.
Politico reported the show will premiere during the spring of 2013 and is scheduled to be on the air for nine episodes. Vaughn co-owns a production agency with Peter Billingsly, best known for playing Ralphie in “A Christmas Story.” Gary Auerbach’s Go Go Luckey Entertainment will also be involved.
“I am proud to announce that Vince Vaughn and I are going to be the executive producers,” Beck said on his radio show. “That should make everybody's head spin. What the hell is Vince Vaughn doing with a crazy man? I know, that's what my friends say. Glenn, what are you doing with the crazy man Vince Vaughn? Yes. It's great, isn't it? I love it.”
Hollywood critics are expecting the series to be overtly political not only because of Beck’s staunch conservatism, but also because Vaughn has differentiated himself as one of the highest-profile conservatives in show business, according to the Wrap. The star of “Dodgeball,” “Swingers” and “Couples Retreat” endorsed Ron Paul before the 2012 election.
When Beck left Fox News, rumors persisted that he had been kicked off the network for increasingly erratic conspiracy theories that failed to resonate with audiences. Politcial wonks speculated Beck’s chalk on the white board shtick had also worn thin with Fox head Roger Ailes. While he was still with Fox, one of Beck’s favorite targets was the Federal Reserve, a topic he looks unlikely to leave behind with “Pursuit of Truth.”
“I’d like to see the stuff just isn’t done,” Beck said on his radio show this week. “And done right. And done without conspiracy. I’d love to see something on the Federal Reserve, the game that’s being played there. I would love to see something on why capitalism is actually a good thing, why it’s not a bad thing.”
Documentaries have pervaded the political atmosphere since Michael Moore irked conservatives on a national level with “Fahrenheit 9/11,” but HBO fans will remember “Project Greenlight,” a series with a similar goal produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge