Glenn Beck, Peter Billingsley, Vince Vaughn To Produce Reality Show About Documentary Filmmakers Called 'Pursuit Of Truth'
By IB Times Staff Reporter | December 7, 2012 8:13 AM EST
Conservative media personality Glenn Beck has announced he’ll be teaming up with actor Vince Vaughn to create a new reality show. “Pursuit of Truth,” set to be televised next year on Beck’s own network TheBlazeTV, will be a competition between 20 documentary filmmakers each trying to secure financing for one of their projects.
Politico reported the show will premiere during the spring of 2013 and is scheduled to be on the air for nine episodes. Vaughn co-owns a production agency with Peter Billingsly, best known for playing Ralphie in “A Christmas Story.” Gary Auerbach’s Go Go Luckey Entertainment will also be involved.
“I am proud to announce that Vince Vaughn and I are going to be the executive producers,” Beck said on his radio show. “That should make everybody's head spin. What the hell is Vince Vaughn doing with a crazy man? I know, that's what my friends say. Glenn, what are you doing with the crazy man Vince Vaughn? Yes. It's great, isn't it? I love it.”
Hollywood critics are expecting the series to be overtly political not only because of Beck’s staunch conservatism, but also because Vaughn has differentiated himself as one of the highest-profile conservatives in show business, according to the Wrap. The star of “Dodgeball,” “Swingers” and “Couples Retreat” endorsed Ron Paul before the 2012 election.
When Beck left Fox News, rumors persisted that he had been kicked off the network for increasingly erratic conspiracy theories that failed to resonate with audiences. Politcial wonks speculated Beck’s chalk on the white board shtick had also worn thin with Fox head Roger Ailes. While he was still with Fox, one of Beck’s favorite targets was the Federal Reserve, a topic he looks unlikely to leave behind with “Pursuit of Truth.”
“I’d like to see the stuff just isn’t done,” Beck said on his radio show this week. “And done right. And done without conspiracy. I’d love to see something on the Federal Reserve, the game that’s being played there. I would love to see something on why capitalism is actually a good thing, why it’s not a bad thing.”
Documentaries have pervaded the political atmosphere since Michael Moore irked conservatives on a national level with “Fahrenheit 9/11,” but HBO fans will remember “Project Greenlight,” a series with a similar goal produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS