Aston Martin seen in deal with Investindustrial on Friday - sources
December 7, 2012 6:49 AM EST
Italian private equity fund Investindustrial is likely to announce it will invest in British sportscar maker Aston Martin on Friday, two people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
"It's probable that there will be an announcement," one of the two people said, declining to elaborate on what the deal would entail. "It's not 100 percent certain, but it's probable."
Indian tractor maker Mahindra and Mahindra
Investindustrial had earlier bid between 200 million and 250 million pounds for a 50 percent stake and agreed on a technical partnership deal for Aston Martin with Daimler' AG's Mercedes
Investindustrial, owned by Italy's Bonomi family, is not new to luxury motor brands. In 2006, it bought Italian motorcycle maker Ducati and sold it for about 860 million euros last April to Volkswagen's
The Indian group had hoped to strike a deal to buy up to half of Aston Martin by the end of November, sources said at the time, adding that the deal would likely be for an initial 40-percent stake that could rise to 50 percent for a total price of around $400 million.
Investment Dar has consistently denied it is in talks to sell all of part of its stake in Aston Martin. A spokesman for Investment Dar was not immediately available for comment, nor could Mahindra be reached for comment.
(Reporting by Jennifer Clark and Rhys Jones; editing by Andrew Hay)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe