Kate Middleton Pregnant: Odds On Baby Gender, Name, Hair Color And Weight Of Kate And William's Child
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 7, 2012 3:03 AM EST
As the world gets caught up in baby fever with the announcement that Kate Middleton is pregnant, one online sportsbook is giving odds on the gender, name, hair color and weight of the royal child of Kate and Prince William.
The royal family wanted to break the news later than initially planned that the Duchess of Cambridge is with child, but they were forced to announce the pregnancy when Kate was taken to a London hospital this week with severe morning sickness.
Sportsbook.ag is trying to cash in on the excitement, and possibly make money for its customers, after it released odds on whether Kate and William’s child will be a boy or girl as well as the name, hair color and weight of the royal baby.
The sportsbook apparently doesn’t have any insider information as to the gender of the baby, with odds of the royal child being a boy or a girl both at 10-to-11 odds.
However, there are two frontrunners as to what Kate and William will name the baby, who will eventually succeed William as heir to the British throne.
If the baby is a boy, Kate and William are most likely to settle on either John or Robert for the child’s name, according to sportsbook.ag. Both names have 10-to-1 odds.
Some royal watchers have suggested Kate and William name the baby in honor of William’s mother, the late Princess Diana. According to sportsbook.ag, Diana is the favorite of being the royal child’s name at 10-to-1 odds, should the baby be a girl.
The next most logical girl name choices, according to the bookmaker, are Anne and Frnaces. Both names have 12-to-1 odds.
The royal couple could choose to name the child after William’s father, Prince Charles. The name also has 12-to-1 odds of being the name of the royal baby.
Five names with royal pedigree have 14-to-1 odds: George, Louis, Mary and Richard and Victoria.
Further down the line at 20-1 odds are Matthew, Spencer, Alice and Andrew, while Kate/Catherine has 25-to-1 odds.
Both Lance and Oliver have 33-to-1 odds of being the name of the royal baby.
Should Kate and William stray away from tradition, the bookmaker lists some highly improbable baby names. Mitt, Barack and Oprah have 250-to-1 odds at sportsbook.ag.
Betters can also wager on the hair color of the royal baby.
The favorite is brown at 3-to-2 odds, followed by black at 7-to-2. Blonde has 2-to-1 odds while red is a longshot at 4-to-1.
Think you can guess the baby’s weight? You may want to check out Kate’s baby bump throughout her pregnancy.
According to sportsbook.ag, the favorite on the weight of the baby is between 7 pounds and 7 pounds, 15 ounces at 9-to-4 odds. The odds that the baby will either tip the scales at between 8 pounds to 8 pounds, 15 ounces or 6 pounds to 6 pounds, 15 ounces are both 3-to-1.
Think the baby will weight between 5 pounds to 5 pounds, 15 ounces? Sportsbook.ag lists the odds at 11-to-2.
The odds that William and Kate will have one chubby baby, at 10 pounds or more, are 6-to-1.
That is followed by a weight between 9 pounds and 9 pounds, 15 ounces, which has odds of 13-2.
According to the sportsbook, it’s unlikely Will and Kate will have an underweight baby. Sportsbook.ag is giving 8-to-1 odds that the baby will weigh 4 pounds, 15 ounces or less.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6