Indiana Mum Lynda Rusk Posts Naked Facebook Picture of Teenage Daughter
By Toyin Owoseje | December 7, 2012 1:15 AM EST
A mother in Indiana has been charged with child exploration after allegedly posting a photograph of her 14-year-old daughter naked on Facebook.
Lynda Rusk of Lafayette, 50, faces jail for allegedly uploading the snapshot on to her daughter's page as a form of punishment after finding the image on her iPhone in 2011.
Police and child protection services began investigating after a teacher raised the alarm.
Although Rusk denies publishing the image, police said they had significant evidence proving that although her daughter took the picture, Rusk had possession of the phone when the picture was uploaded to Facebook.
Rusk was charged with child exploitation and possession of child pornography.
Detective Mark Pinkard said: "We wanted to make sure we do everything we could for this young lady.
"A major concern was you never know who saw the photo. Anyone could have saved it or took a screenshot.
"Once something is posted online, it's out there forever."
Rusk faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage