Indiana Mum Lynda Rusk Posts Naked Facebook Picture of Teenage Daughter
By Toyin Owoseje | December 7, 2012 1:15 AM EST
A mother in Indiana has been charged with child exploration after allegedly posting a photograph of her 14-year-old daughter naked on Facebook.
Lynda Rusk of Lafayette, 50, faces jail for allegedly uploading the snapshot on to her daughter's page as a form of punishment after finding the image on her iPhone in 2011.
Police and child protection services began investigating after a teacher raised the alarm.
Although Rusk denies publishing the image, police said they had significant evidence proving that although her daughter took the picture, Rusk had possession of the phone when the picture was uploaded to Facebook.
Rusk was charged with child exploitation and possession of child pornography.
Detective Mark Pinkard said: "We wanted to make sure we do everything we could for this young lady.
"A major concern was you never know who saw the photo. Anyone could have saved it or took a screenshot.
"Once something is posted online, it's out there forever."
Rusk faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon