Sensex Falls on Profit-Booking: Infosys Down 2.1%, TCS Drops 2%
December 6, 2012 5:53 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.9 percent to 19220 and the Nifty is down to 5847.65, on profit-booking.
Nifty has been trading in the "overbought" territory, with its 14-day relative strength index around 70.
Asian shares were steady near 16-month highs on Thursday, supported by hopes that U.S. lawmakers will reach a compromise to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff of year-end tax hikes and spending cuts which threaten to push the U.S. economy back into recession.
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Unique Traits That Make You A Millennial
- Top Google Canada 2014 Searches: Robin Williams, World Cup, iPhone 6
- Credit Card Debt 101: How To Get Yourself Back On Track
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble