Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 on Samsung Galaxy S3 [Tutorial]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 6, 2012 3:33 PM EST
ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery 18.104.22.168 is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300, I9305). Two versions such as touch and non-touch of CWM recovery can be installed by users.
To install CWM Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124, check the guide below. IBTimes UK cautions users it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. This installation is only for the Galaxy S3 (I9300, I9305) variants.
- Back-up important data
- Ensure at least 30 percent charge in device's battery
- Enable USB debugging (to do so browse to Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging)
To install CWM Recovery 126.96.36.199 on Galaxy S3 I9300 and I9305
- Download and extract the CWM recovery zip file
- Download an extract Odin zip file
- Turn the device off and wait for few seconds until the device completely switches off
- The device should enter Download mode (you can do so, by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until you see a Samsung logo)
- Launch Odin and connect Galaxy S3 to the PC using USB cable. You will now get a message saying "ADDED" in the Odin. Moreover, the COM port number will turn yellow if the device is successfully added
- Choose the file to be flashed. Click the PDA button and choose the .tar file
- In Odin, ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options. Ensure that Re-Partition option is checked only if you are using .pit file
- Hit the Start button to begin the flashing process
- Once flashing is completed, you will get a PASS message with a green background in Odin. The device will now automatically reboot and you will see the Samsung logo.
- Unplug the device from PC
Your Galaxy S3 should now have CWM Recovery installed.
[Information Courtesy: Android Jinn]
To contact the editor, e-mail: