ACCC Australia Introduces Receipts App in Time for Holidays
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | December 6, 2012 3:02 PM EST
With Christmas Day only two weeks away, all the hype that goes with the season, including retailer selling and shopping, are expected to go all the more excitedly grueling in the coming days. And as Australians try to find that perfect gift either for one's self or for friends and loved ones, they may be too busy to notice purchased items void of receipts.
Australia's consumer watchdog, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), has released just in time for this merry Christmas season of 2012 an app that will help consumers get immediate access to item refunds, as well as get orientated with lay-bys and warranties.
Called ACCCShopper, the app is generally a handy pocket guide educating shoppers on Australia's consumer law. It can be used for both Apple's iOS and Android operating systems.
ACCCShopper's most important or helpful feature is that it allows users to keep photos of their receipts on their smartphone or tablet as proof of purchase at the point of sale. This is most essential since retailers such as Big W, Target and K-Mart, accept photos of purchase receipt as proof, according to the ACCC.
"Simple disputes over returns, refunds or replacements often leave shoppers bewildered and confused about their rights. The ACCC Shopper app will help take the worry out of Christmas shopping," Delia Rickard, ACCC Deputy Chair, said.
Currently available for download on the Google Play store and Apple's app store, the ACCCShopper works across both tablets and smartphones.
The app also carries a 'My Items' feature which upon user input, reminds the consumer shopper deadlines for lay-bys as well as expiry dates for warranties and gift vouchers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia To Lose Hundreds Of Billions Worth Of Infrastructure Due To Rising Sea Levels
- UK Starts Ebola Vaccine Trials on Humans
- Health Virus Alert: Canadians Urged to Watch Out Against Rare Enterovirus D68; 3 Cases Confirmed in B.C., 18 in Alberta
- Economy Travel Not So Anymore with Air Canada, Starts Charging C$25 Checked Bag Fee
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best