Anne Hathaway Reveals Insecurities: ‘Am I thin enough? Am I too thin?’
By Czarina Malleta | December 6, 2012 2:08 PM EST
Anne Hathaway graces the cover of Glamour magazine for its January 2013 cover and opens up about her body insecurities.
The "Les Miserables" actress embraced a complete physical transformation for her role as Fantine. Her dedication to her craft pushed her to lose 25 lbs so that she could perfectly fit the part. But now that the filming has ended, the Academy nominated actress wonders whether she is in the right shape.
Despite being one of the most in-demand actresses in Hollywood, Anne admits that she still has a lot of hang ups and one of it is involved her weight. Hathaway said that being conscious about her body is an "ongoing source of shame."
"I still feel the stress over 'Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?'" she admits of her body insecurities. "There's an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would've grown out of by now. It's an ongoing source of shame for me."
"I just think about the ridicule you get if you have an off day. If people weren't watching, I'd be so much more eccentric. I know it makes me sound weak, but rather than make myself happy and wear the silly hat and say, 'Oh, I don't care.'"
Anne also opened up about her love life and how her split from Raffaello Folliero in 2008 has taught her some lessons about romance.
"My trust had been betrayed quite massively," Anne said.
Follieri pleaded guilty of money laundering, wire fraud and conspiracy. The Italian businessman was sentenced 4 and a half years in prison.
But now, the "Dark Knight Rises" actress seems to have a different perspective of love. She wedded actor, Adam Shulman, last September and admits to being blissfully in love.
"I'm letting go of those expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss," Anne said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015