Anne Hathaway Reveals Insecurities: ‘Am I thin enough? Am I too thin?’
By Czarina Malleta | December 6, 2012 2:08 PM EST
Anne Hathaway graces the cover of Glamour magazine for its January 2013 cover and opens up about her body insecurities.
The "Les Miserables" actress embraced a complete physical transformation for her role as Fantine. Her dedication to her craft pushed her to lose 25 lbs so that she could perfectly fit the part. But now that the filming has ended, the Academy nominated actress wonders whether she is in the right shape.
Despite being one of the most in-demand actresses in Hollywood, Anne admits that she still has a lot of hang ups and one of it is involved her weight. Hathaway said that being conscious about her body is an "ongoing source of shame."
"I still feel the stress over 'Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?'" she admits of her body insecurities. "There's an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would've grown out of by now. It's an ongoing source of shame for me."
"I just think about the ridicule you get if you have an off day. If people weren't watching, I'd be so much more eccentric. I know it makes me sound weak, but rather than make myself happy and wear the silly hat and say, 'Oh, I don't care.'"
Anne also opened up about her love life and how her split from Raffaello Folliero in 2008 has taught her some lessons about romance.
"My trust had been betrayed quite massively," Anne said.
Follieri pleaded guilty of money laundering, wire fraud and conspiracy. The Italian businessman was sentenced 4 and a half years in prison.
But now, the "Dark Knight Rises" actress seems to have a different perspective of love. She wedded actor, Adam Shulman, last September and admits to being blissfully in love.
"I'm letting go of those expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss," Anne said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales