Anne Hathaway Reveals Insecurities: ‘Am I thin enough? Am I too thin?’
By Czarina Malleta | December 6, 2012 2:08 PM EST
Anne Hathaway graces the cover of Glamour magazine for its January 2013 cover and opens up about her body insecurities.
The "Les Miserables" actress embraced a complete physical transformation for her role as Fantine. Her dedication to her craft pushed her to lose 25 lbs so that she could perfectly fit the part. But now that the filming has ended, the Academy nominated actress wonders whether she is in the right shape.
Despite being one of the most in-demand actresses in Hollywood, Anne admits that she still has a lot of hang ups and one of it is involved her weight. Hathaway said that being conscious about her body is an "ongoing source of shame."
"I still feel the stress over 'Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?'" she admits of her body insecurities. "There's an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would've grown out of by now. It's an ongoing source of shame for me."
"I just think about the ridicule you get if you have an off day. If people weren't watching, I'd be so much more eccentric. I know it makes me sound weak, but rather than make myself happy and wear the silly hat and say, 'Oh, I don't care.'"
Anne also opened up about her love life and how her split from Raffaello Folliero in 2008 has taught her some lessons about romance.
"My trust had been betrayed quite massively," Anne said.
Follieri pleaded guilty of money laundering, wire fraud and conspiracy. The Italian businessman was sentenced 4 and a half years in prison.
But now, the "Dark Knight Rises" actress seems to have a different perspective of love. She wedded actor, Adam Shulman, last September and admits to being blissfully in love.
"I'm letting go of those expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss," Anne said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop