Anne Hathaway Reveals Insecurities: ‘Am I thin enough? Am I too thin?’
By Czarina Malleta | December 6, 2012 2:08 PM EST
Anne Hathaway graces the cover of Glamour magazine for its January 2013 cover and opens up about her body insecurities.
The "Les Miserables" actress embraced a complete physical transformation for her role as Fantine. Her dedication to her craft pushed her to lose 25 lbs so that she could perfectly fit the part. But now that the filming has ended, the Academy nominated actress wonders whether she is in the right shape.
Despite being one of the most in-demand actresses in Hollywood, Anne admits that she still has a lot of hang ups and one of it is involved her weight. Hathaway said that being conscious about her body is an "ongoing source of shame."
"I still feel the stress over 'Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?'" she admits of her body insecurities. "There's an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would've grown out of by now. It's an ongoing source of shame for me."
"I just think about the ridicule you get if you have an off day. If people weren't watching, I'd be so much more eccentric. I know it makes me sound weak, but rather than make myself happy and wear the silly hat and say, 'Oh, I don't care.'"
Anne also opened up about her love life and how her split from Raffaello Folliero in 2008 has taught her some lessons about romance.
"My trust had been betrayed quite massively," Anne said.
Follieri pleaded guilty of money laundering, wire fraud and conspiracy. The Italian businessman was sentenced 4 and a half years in prison.
But now, the "Dark Knight Rises" actress seems to have a different perspective of love. She wedded actor, Adam Shulman, last September and admits to being blissfully in love.
"I'm letting go of those expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss," Anne said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery