Anne Hathaway Reveals Insecurities: ‘Am I thin enough? Am I too thin?’
By Czarina Malleta | December 6, 2012 2:08 PM EST
Anne Hathaway graces the cover of Glamour magazine for its January 2013 cover and opens up about her body insecurities.
The "Les Miserables" actress embraced a complete physical transformation for her role as Fantine. Her dedication to her craft pushed her to lose 25 lbs so that she could perfectly fit the part. But now that the filming has ended, the Academy nominated actress wonders whether she is in the right shape.
Despite being one of the most in-demand actresses in Hollywood, Anne admits that she still has a lot of hang ups and one of it is involved her weight. Hathaway said that being conscious about her body is an "ongoing source of shame."
"I still feel the stress over 'Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?'" she admits of her body insecurities. "There's an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would've grown out of by now. It's an ongoing source of shame for me."
"I just think about the ridicule you get if you have an off day. If people weren't watching, I'd be so much more eccentric. I know it makes me sound weak, but rather than make myself happy and wear the silly hat and say, 'Oh, I don't care.'"
Anne also opened up about her love life and how her split from Raffaello Folliero in 2008 has taught her some lessons about romance.
"My trust had been betrayed quite massively," Anne said.
Follieri pleaded guilty of money laundering, wire fraud and conspiracy. The Italian businessman was sentenced 4 and a half years in prison.
But now, the "Dark Knight Rises" actress seems to have a different perspective of love. She wedded actor, Adam Shulman, last September and admits to being blissfully in love.
"I'm letting go of those expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss," Anne said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation