Motorola Droid RAZR HD, MAXX HD Get Rolling New JellyBean Flavour from Verizon
By Erik Pineda | December 6, 2012 1:46 PM EST
The Ice Cream Sandwich on Motorola's latest Android handsets, the Droid RAZR HD and the Droid MAXX HD, is gradually being bumped off in favour of the more flavourful JellyBean, Motorola Mobility has announced via Twitter this week.
The JellyBean phased delivery is being treated by Verizon as Build 9.1.41 for the two smartphones that earned raves for their solid built and superb specs in hardware and software.
"Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is now rolling out in phases for the DROID RAZR HD & the DROID RAZR MAXX HD on Verizon Wireless," the Motorola tweet said on Monday.
Note, however, that the ICS in the two Motorola phones will not be getting the Android 4.2 version but the patch itself while a bit behind is far from being a disappointment, Adam Mills said, writing for GottaBeMobile.com.
"Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is still a huge upgrade over Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and will bring a host of new features to the table included improved Notifications, updated suite of Google applications, better Browser and Calendar, and a smoother, faster UI amongst other things," Mr Mills said.
The most notable changes that users will notice with their new Motorola handsets are the removal of the apps Color and Verizon Video and in their place Google Now and Amazon were deployed.
Google Now "shows relevant information based on time and current location. Users can get the local weather forecast before starting their day or see how long their commute will be before even leaving the house," Verizon Wireless said.
After the 276MB update has been installed "customers will experience an enhanced notification panel that displays missed calls and emails, and lets them return the call or reply to the email right from the notification," the same statement said.
Motorola Droid users will also get the new JellyBean smart keyboard, which "has improved accuracy and suggests the next word before it is even typed."
As stated by Verizon, the update will be handled by batch, which should mean completion will be achieved in a number of days or even a few weeks.
Motorola Droid owners are expected to be alerted by the availability of the JellyBean update - to download and install the file - but the patch can also be accessed manually by pulling the Settings menu, tapping the About tab to initiate the update check.
It is expected that JellyBean will further enhance the performance of both handsets, which Motorola supplied with generous specs: a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon, 1GB of RAM, NFC, a microSD slot, an 8MP rear camera and a 4.7-inch 1196 x 720 resolution display.
The smartphones also come with ColorBoost technology, 331 ppi pixel density and 4G-LTE connectivity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date