PM Julia Gillard Confirms the Mayan Calendar 2012 End of The World Prediction [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 6, 2012 1:31 PM EST
Prime Minister Julia Gillard participated in the end of the world celebrations of Triple J's breakfast show when she appeared in a short yet funny video.
PM Gillard managed to take time out from her busy preparations for the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) standoff on Friday and filmed the video clip on Tuesday in Melbourne.
Interpretations of the 2012 Mayan calendar suggest that the world will end on December 21. However, the radio and PM Gillard decided to join forces on a comical approach about the upcoming apocalypse where the Australian Prime Minister talked about political spin and the mix of pop cultures.
In the video clip, PM Gillard confirmed the Mayan calendar apocalypse prediction was right and it will hit this month. "My dear remaining fellow Australians, the end of the world is coming. It wasn't Y2K, it wasn't even the carbon price. It turns out the Mayan calendar was true," PM Gillard stated in the brief address posted on YouTube.
PM Gillard also stated that even though scientists at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) cannot verify the apocalypse news, she is certain that the alternative radio station Triple J's prediction is accurate.
"Whether the final blow comes from flesh-eating zombies, demonic hell beasts or from the total triumph of K-Pop, if you know one thing about me, it's this: I will always fight for you to the very end," PM Gillard declared straight-faced while standing on a lectern flanked with two Australian flags.
Despite prediction of the world coming to an end, Prime Minister Julia Gillard still looked on the bright side and felt pleased that she no longer has to make an appearance on ABC's Q&A again. "And at least this means I won't have to do Q&A again. Good luck to you all," PM Gillard said.
Take a look at the video of Prime Minister Julia Gillard's address on Triple J about the end of the world prediction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- MH370 Search Update: Was Reported That Experts Claim To Know The Possible Location; Suggest Authorities To Look ‘Further South In The Indian Ocean’
- 2014 Lunar Eclipse: Where To Best View Total Lunar Eclipse Peak On October 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money