PM Julia Gillard Confirms the Mayan Calendar 2012 End of The World Prediction [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 6, 2012 1:31 PM EST
Prime Minister Julia Gillard participated in the end of the world celebrations of Triple J's breakfast show when she appeared in a short yet funny video.
PM Gillard managed to take time out from her busy preparations for the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) standoff on Friday and filmed the video clip on Tuesday in Melbourne.
Interpretations of the 2012 Mayan calendar suggest that the world will end on December 21. However, the radio and PM Gillard decided to join forces on a comical approach about the upcoming apocalypse where the Australian Prime Minister talked about political spin and the mix of pop cultures.
In the video clip, PM Gillard confirmed the Mayan calendar apocalypse prediction was right and it will hit this month. "My dear remaining fellow Australians, the end of the world is coming. It wasn't Y2K, it wasn't even the carbon price. It turns out the Mayan calendar was true," PM Gillard stated in the brief address posted on YouTube.
PM Gillard also stated that even though scientists at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) cannot verify the apocalypse news, she is certain that the alternative radio station Triple J's prediction is accurate.
"Whether the final blow comes from flesh-eating zombies, demonic hell beasts or from the total triumph of K-Pop, if you know one thing about me, it's this: I will always fight for you to the very end," PM Gillard declared straight-faced while standing on a lectern flanked with two Australian flags.
Despite prediction of the world coming to an end, Prime Minister Julia Gillard still looked on the bright side and felt pleased that she no longer has to make an appearance on ABC's Q&A again. "And at least this means I won't have to do Q&A again. Good luck to you all," PM Gillard said.
Take a look at the video of Prime Minister Julia Gillard's address on Triple J about the end of the world prediction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June