Hugh Hefner, Crystal Harris Obtain Marriage License For New Year's Eve Wedding
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 6, 2012 3:31 AM EST
Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris are making another attempt at wedded bliss.
TMZ reports that the couple went to a Beverly Hills courthouse Tuesday to obtain a marriage license for their upcoming wedding. They plan to marry in an “intimate” ceremony on New Year's Eve at the Playboy Mansion.
Having been previously been engaged, Hefner, 86, and Harris, 26, were supposed to be married in June 2011; however, the Playboy centerfold called off their nuptials just five days prior.
Hefner had been planning to debut his new wife with an "Introducing Mrs. Crystal Hefner" cover for the July 2011 issue of Playboy, according to the Los Angeles Times. Instead, he prefaced the over with a "Runaway Bride" label.
Sources say that Harris used their time apart in order to work on being more independent, something she supposedly thought she needed.
Following the split, the adult model told Ryan Seacrest that she and Hefner had mutually decided to end their relationship.
"For a while I've been having second thoughts about everything. I haven't really been at peace with myself lately. I didn't think it was really fair to him," she said.
"Multiple girls all around, it's not the lifestyle I wanted."
Hefner shared his side via twitter, explaining that even after Harris’ interview he “still didn’t have a clue.”
"I didn't see any of this coming, but I'm glad things went wrong before the marriage instead of after. Live & learn," he tweeted.
Rumors sparked this past June that she and Hefner had reconciled that and she had moved back into the Playboy mansion. During that time, Harris posted a confirmatory tweet.
"Yes @hughhefner and I are back together. Yes I am his #1 girl again. Yes we are happy. Hope that clears up any confusion! xo," she said.
Instead of the 300-guest gala the couple was previously planning, they have decided to have a small ceremony with just close friends and family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks