Kate Middleton Prank Call: Full Transcript of Australian Radio Hoax
By Hannah Osborne | December 6, 2012 12:57 AM EST
Mel Greig and Michael Christian from the Australian radio show Summer30 were put through to the nurse at the King Edward VII hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge. Read the full conversation below.
Michael Christian: We've been handed a phone number and we have been told that this phone number is the hospital where Kate Middleton is currently staying. We thought we'd give it a call. We don't want to cause any trouble, don't want to stress her out. But I reckon we could maybe get her on the radio tonight
Mel Greig: I don't know. I mean everybody will be trying this
Christian: Well this is why I've thought of a plan. We can't just ring up and say 'hi it's MC and Mel from Summer30, can we chat to Kate?' It's not gonna happen. You are going to be the Queen
Greig: This is awesome
Christian: I'm going to be Prince Charles. Ben and Em so you're involved as well, we thought you could be the royal corgis, if you're ok with that? I'm going to dial this number. So you're going to be the queen
Greig: Hello I'm the Queen.
Christian: Hello. Prince Charles over her mummy
Greig: Oh, you're Prince Charles I like your ears
Christian: Let's give this hospital a call and see if we can get Kate Middleton or maybe even Prince Wills on the phone tonight. Oh I hope this happens
Receptionist: Hello good morning King Edward Hospital
Greig: Oh hello there, could I speak to Kate please, my granddaughter
Receptionist: Oh yes, just hold on ma'am
Greig: Thank you
Christian: Are they putting us through?
Christian: If this has worked, it's the easiest prank call ever made. You're accent sucked by the way, I just want you to know
Greig: I'm not used to playing 80-year-olds. (Phone connects) Kate my darling are you there?
Nurse: Good morning ma'am this is the nurses station how may I help you?
Greig: Hello I'm just after my granddaughter Kate. I wanted to see how her little tummy bug is going
Nurse: She's sleeping at the moment and has had an uneventful night, sleep is good for her. She's been given some fluids to re-hydrate her as she was quite dehydrated when she came in. But she's stable at the moment
Greig: Oh ok. Well I'll just feed my little corgis then. So when is a good time to come and visit her? Because I'm the Queen and I'll need a lift down. Charles! When can you take me to the hospital Charles?
Christian: When will it be alright to come down and see her? Maybe in the morning or something? If that's ok.
Nurse: I would suggest that any time after nine o'clock would be suitable, because the doctor will be in in the morning and we'll just be getting her freshened up. I would think any time after nine.
Christian: Is Wills still there or has he gone? I haven't spoken to him yet
Nurse: He went home at about half past nine last night. Actually, probably about nine o clock last night
Christian: Lovely. But they're all ok, everything's alright?
Nurse: Yes she's quite stable at the moment. She hasn't had any retching with me since I've been on duty. And she has been sleeping on and off
Nurse: I think it's difficult sleeping in a strange bed as well
Christian: Yes, of course! It's hardly the Palace is it!
Greig: It's nothing like the Palace is it Charles. Oh when are you going to walk those bloody corgis?
Christian: Mumsey, I'll go and take the dogs outside
Greig: I need to go and visit Kate in the morning. My dear thank you so much
Nurse: You're very welcome
Greig: She was giving us real information!
Christian: Mumsey I think that they believed everything we said
Greig: I am the Queen bow for me
Christian: Bow for you and your terrible accent
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install