HP Unveils Multi-Function Printer with Inbuilt WIFI Hotspot
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 5, 2012 6:31 PM EST
The new multifunction printer dubbed HP Hotspot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP packs several new features besides the normal features like print, copy, scan and fax capabilities. The latest printer comes with the new mobile printing technologies like HP wireless direct, HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint. The new printer comes in handy for the SOHO or small business start up with its ease to set up and use.
Apart from this, the printer comes with an inbuilt wireless hotspot which will allow internet connectivity for up to eight users. The "plug and print" feature of the printer will install the device automatically without a CD.
"The HP Hotspot is a new all-in-one+1 printer that completely redefines the role a multifunction printer can play in a SOHO or small business environment. We are confident that users will deeply appreciate the ability to print, scan, copy, fax and access Internet wirelessly, all through a single device that is incredibly easy to set up and use," said Nitin Hiranandani, Director-Printing, PPS, HP India, as reported by Press Trust of India.
On the connectivity front, the printer supports Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, one 10/100Base-T Ethernet network port, RJ-11 Telephone port, Wireless 802.11b/g/n (with hotspot), HP wireless direct, HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint.
"At HP, we believe in constantly reinventing the printer and today's launch of HP Hotspot marks an important milestone in our innovation legacy," Hiranandani added.
But the printer does not house a memory card reader, which might be seen as a shortcoming. The device supports up to A4 size paper and claims a printing capacity of 18 pages per minute.
The latest share market research report shows that HP continues to hold the major share in the overall printer market with a market share of 45.7 and is followed by Canon and Epson with a market share of 19.5 per cent and 11.4 per cent, respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows