Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE Android v4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update now Available in Some Countries?: Where to Download
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 5, 2012 2:30 PM EST
During the past few weeks, South Korea's tech giant has been working non-stop to deliver the latest Android OS update to users. The latest Jelly Bean update for the Note 2 LTE is already getting the update in certain regions.
the Galaxy Note 2 LTE is basically the European 4G LTE-enabled phablet, so it's not to be confused with the US model or the 3G/HSPA international version of the device.
It seemed that the device in question has received an Android 4.1.2 update in South Africa at Vodafone, bearing the build number N7105XXDLK7. However, Samsung has not released an official comment on this matter.
The new firmware has also been available for download on the fan-made Samsung-Updates.com website and it should work with any Note 2 model out there carrying the model number GT-N7105. If you want to download the update, go to this link.
Last week, an unofficial update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 emerged at the web. While the update is still at least a month or two away, the website SamMobile seemed to have an unofficial 4.1.2version of the Jelly Bean update available for download. The update is courtesy of forum member Mr. Loung.
If you are interested in downloading and flashing firmware N7100XXDLJ2, you can do so through SamMobile, which also has step-by-step instructions.
However, this is not the official Android update. Thus, all of the necessary precautions must be taken. As with all firmwares, there is a possibility that your phone could brick, and that your warranty might be voided. SamMobile does state that some bugs do exist in this firmware.
Firmware N7100XXDLJ2 introduces new features such as Notifications customization, a new ink effect on the lockscreen, and continuous input in the Samsung keyboard.
Samsung is expected to release the official Android 4.1.2 update sometime in December or January. The South Korean electronics manufacturer has also been sighted working on Android 4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2, and is expected to release Android 4.2 during Q1 2013.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 smartphones will also be receiving their Android 4.1.2 updates soon. The Galaxy S2 Android 4.1.2 release is being rumored for November, while the Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 upgrade should start rolling out in December. The Galaxy S3 is also reported to receive Android 4.2 in Q1 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft