VS Model Adriana Lima Praised On Twitter During Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
By Maria Vultaggio | December 5, 2012 1:59 PM EST
One of the most famous Victoria’s Secret Angels, Adriana Lima, is receiving waves of praise after walking down the runway with a heavenly body just months after giving birth.
The VS model explained that she was still breast-feeding her four-month-old child when she got the call to walk in the famous runway show.
Some joined the conversation about Adriana Lima on Twitter and shared thoughts about the supermodel.
“Girls, just keep in mind that Adriana Lima JUST had a baby before doing the show. &&& her body will still look more BaNgIN' than all of ours,” @chloevashaw1 tweeted.
“I'm so excited for the VS Fashion Show but I know I'll be depressed because I don't look like Adriana Lima,” @kcatwalk1 shared.
Another person wrote about the model’s recent body makeover:
“Adriana Lima gained 40 pounds during pregancy, gave birth 6 weeks before she walked the runway. Curvy & beautiful #werk”
Lima has been a VS Angel since 2000 and worked as a Maybeline spokeswoman from 2003-2009.
Even though she had just given birth to her daughter Sienna 8 weeks ago, People magazine explained that she worked with her trainer of six years, Michael Olajide, Jr. of Aerospace NYC to get ready for this year’s fashion show.
The fitness guru explained to the magazine that Lima wanted to look “athletic” and “defined” for the VS event of the year.
Before the bombshell could start hercardio muscle aeroboxing endurance plan with Olajide “her doctor had [to give] her a clear pass to do everything we’d done together before,” he told People.
"Adriana’s metabolism had slowed down, and that’s what happens when you’re nesting, but we had to get her burning 24/7,” he continued.
“We were doing four to six hours every day, seven days a week,” Olajide shared.
Lima worked out in the morning with Olajide, headed home to have some time with her family and then went back to the gym for an evening session.
But the trainer also explained that Lima watched what she ate very closely on the months leading up to the show.
“Adriana enjoys her food. She eats anything from chocolate mousse to steak and hamburgers,” he says. “But when it’s time to prepare for something, she has the discipline to prepare for it.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People