VS Model Adriana Lima Praised On Twitter During Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
By Maria Vultaggio | December 5, 2012 1:59 PM EST
One of the most famous Victoria’s Secret Angels, Adriana Lima, is receiving waves of praise after walking down the runway with a heavenly body just months after giving birth.
The VS model explained that she was still breast-feeding her four-month-old child when she got the call to walk in the famous runway show.
Some joined the conversation about Adriana Lima on Twitter and shared thoughts about the supermodel.
“Girls, just keep in mind that Adriana Lima JUST had a baby before doing the show. &&& her body will still look more BaNgIN' than all of ours,” @chloevashaw1 tweeted.
“I'm so excited for the VS Fashion Show but I know I'll be depressed because I don't look like Adriana Lima,” @kcatwalk1 shared.
Another person wrote about the model’s recent body makeover:
“Adriana Lima gained 40 pounds during pregancy, gave birth 6 weeks before she walked the runway. Curvy & beautiful #werk”
Lima has been a VS Angel since 2000 and worked as a Maybeline spokeswoman from 2003-2009.
Even though she had just given birth to her daughter Sienna 8 weeks ago, People magazine explained that she worked with her trainer of six years, Michael Olajide, Jr. of Aerospace NYC to get ready for this year’s fashion show.
The fitness guru explained to the magazine that Lima wanted to look “athletic” and “defined” for the VS event of the year.
Before the bombshell could start hercardio muscle aeroboxing endurance plan with Olajide “her doctor had [to give] her a clear pass to do everything we’d done together before,” he told People.
"Adriana’s metabolism had slowed down, and that’s what happens when you’re nesting, but we had to get her burning 24/7,” he continued.
“We were doing four to six hours every day, seven days a week,” Olajide shared.
Lima worked out in the morning with Olajide, headed home to have some time with her family and then went back to the gym for an evening session.
But the trainer also explained that Lima watched what she ate very closely on the months leading up to the show.
“Adriana enjoys her food. She eats anything from chocolate mousse to steak and hamburgers,” he says. “But when it’s time to prepare for something, she has the discipline to prepare for it.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date