VS Model Adriana Lima Praised On Twitter During Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
By Maria Vultaggio | December 5, 2012 1:59 PM EST
One of the most famous Victoria’s Secret Angels, Adriana Lima, is receiving waves of praise after walking down the runway with a heavenly body just months after giving birth.
The VS model explained that she was still breast-feeding her four-month-old child when she got the call to walk in the famous runway show.
Some joined the conversation about Adriana Lima on Twitter and shared thoughts about the supermodel.
“Girls, just keep in mind that Adriana Lima JUST had a baby before doing the show. &&& her body will still look more BaNgIN' than all of ours,” @chloevashaw1 tweeted.
“I'm so excited for the VS Fashion Show but I know I'll be depressed because I don't look like Adriana Lima,” @kcatwalk1 shared.
Another person wrote about the model’s recent body makeover:
“Adriana Lima gained 40 pounds during pregancy, gave birth 6 weeks before she walked the runway. Curvy & beautiful #werk”
Lima has been a VS Angel since 2000 and worked as a Maybeline spokeswoman from 2003-2009.
Even though she had just given birth to her daughter Sienna 8 weeks ago, People magazine explained that she worked with her trainer of six years, Michael Olajide, Jr. of Aerospace NYC to get ready for this year’s fashion show.
The fitness guru explained to the magazine that Lima wanted to look “athletic” and “defined” for the VS event of the year.
Before the bombshell could start hercardio muscle aeroboxing endurance plan with Olajide “her doctor had [to give] her a clear pass to do everything we’d done together before,” he told People.
"Adriana’s metabolism had slowed down, and that’s what happens when you’re nesting, but we had to get her burning 24/7,” he continued.
“We were doing four to six hours every day, seven days a week,” Olajide shared.
Lima worked out in the morning with Olajide, headed home to have some time with her family and then went back to the gym for an evening session.
But the trainer also explained that Lima watched what she ate very closely on the months leading up to the show.
“Adriana enjoys her food. She eats anything from chocolate mousse to steak and hamburgers,” he says. “But when it’s time to prepare for something, she has the discipline to prepare for it.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies