VS Model Adriana Lima Praised On Twitter During Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
By Maria Vultaggio | December 5, 2012 1:59 PM EST
One of the most famous Victoria’s Secret Angels, Adriana Lima, is receiving waves of praise after walking down the runway with a heavenly body just months after giving birth.
The VS model explained that she was still breast-feeding her four-month-old child when she got the call to walk in the famous runway show.
Some joined the conversation about Adriana Lima on Twitter and shared thoughts about the supermodel.
“Girls, just keep in mind that Adriana Lima JUST had a baby before doing the show. &&& her body will still look more BaNgIN' than all of ours,” @chloevashaw1 tweeted.
“I'm so excited for the VS Fashion Show but I know I'll be depressed because I don't look like Adriana Lima,” @kcatwalk1 shared.
Another person wrote about the model’s recent body makeover:
“Adriana Lima gained 40 pounds during pregancy, gave birth 6 weeks before she walked the runway. Curvy & beautiful #werk”
Lima has been a VS Angel since 2000 and worked as a Maybeline spokeswoman from 2003-2009.
Even though she had just given birth to her daughter Sienna 8 weeks ago, People magazine explained that she worked with her trainer of six years, Michael Olajide, Jr. of Aerospace NYC to get ready for this year’s fashion show.
The fitness guru explained to the magazine that Lima wanted to look “athletic” and “defined” for the VS event of the year.
Before the bombshell could start hercardio muscle aeroboxing endurance plan with Olajide “her doctor had [to give] her a clear pass to do everything we’d done together before,” he told People.
"Adriana’s metabolism had slowed down, and that’s what happens when you’re nesting, but we had to get her burning 24/7,” he continued.
“We were doing four to six hours every day, seven days a week,” Olajide shared.
Lima worked out in the morning with Olajide, headed home to have some time with her family and then went back to the gym for an evening session.
But the trainer also explained that Lima watched what she ate very closely on the months leading up to the show.
“Adriana enjoys her food. She eats anything from chocolate mousse to steak and hamburgers,” he says. “But when it’s time to prepare for something, she has the discipline to prepare for it.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report