‘Breaking Dawn’ Smashes Box Office, Tops Over ‘Skyfall’ and ‘Killing Them Softly’
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:27 PM EST
A vampire movie wins over a James Bond film. "Breaking Dawn: Part 2" has been on top of the US box office for three weeks now, breaking records of "Skyfall" and "Killing Them Softly."
It comes as no surprise that Twilight's last film managed to beat all other competing movies in the box office. With its millions of teenage followers, the movie stayed on top of the charts for three weeks in a row. It pulled $17.5 million, putting "Skyfall" only in second place.
With its heavy promotional drive all around the globe, not to mention, the number of follower the movie has gathered from the very first movie, the results are expected.
The final installment for the vampire movie which stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart was able to earn a total of $254.6 million so far. But the numbers are based only from Canada and North America tabulation.
Worldwide, "Breaking Dawn: Part 2" has total earnings of $700 million. Meanwhile Daniel Craig's "Skyfall" brings its worldwide box office gross to around $850 million.
Meanwhile, Brad Pitts' latest movie opened in the UK over two months ago but it was released in the US just over the weekends. However, the movie opened to poor box office sales.
Although movie critics have positive reviews about the gangster movie, it looks like the American audience remains fickle about the film. "Killing Them Softly" lands on the seventh spot in the US box office this weekend with only just $7 million in earnings
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" managed to do well in the box office and landed on third spot with earnings of $13.5 million.
The "Twilight" cast has a lot to celebrate about their movie finale. But after the movie, what's in store for their lead casts? Robert Pattinson is reportedly booked for 3 movie projects in 2013 while Kristen Stewart will reprise her role as Snow White in the sequel of "Snow White and the Huntsman."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales