Angelina Jolie Vows to Quit Hollywood
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:13 PM EST
Last year, Brad claimed that he will quit acting for directing when he reaches 50. Now, his fiancée, Angelina Jolie, has vowed to do the same thing.
Brangelina wants to spend more time with their brood. Their solution? Saying goodbye to the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.
While they are considered one of the A-list couples of Tinsel town, Brad and Angelina are determined to live a normal and peaceful life. Recently Angelina told about her plans to quit acting to spend more quality and quantity time with their six kids.
The 37-year-old actress who is currently busy with her movie project, Maleficent, said that she doesn't see herself growing old in Hollywood.
"I think I'm going to have to give up the acting as the kids hit the teenage years, anyway, too much to manage at home," Jolie said. "I have enjoyed being an actress. I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even be able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun."
"I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it's a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it. But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what's happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way," Angelina continued.
Brad who is soon to marry Angie also expressed the same sentiments earlier in one of his interviews. He said that he has grown more conscious in choosing film projects with fear that his children might judge him in the future.
"If I'm choosing a film now I want it to be, maybe, less immature than things I've done in the past. I'm very conscious that they're going to see it as adults. I want it to mean something to them. I want them to think, "Dad's all right." It changes everything," Brad Pitt said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks