Angelina Jolie Vows to Quit Hollywood
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:13 PM EST
Last year, Brad claimed that he will quit acting for directing when he reaches 50. Now, his fiancée, Angelina Jolie, has vowed to do the same thing.
Brangelina wants to spend more time with their brood. Their solution? Saying goodbye to the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.
While they are considered one of the A-list couples of Tinsel town, Brad and Angelina are determined to live a normal and peaceful life. Recently Angelina told about her plans to quit acting to spend more quality and quantity time with their six kids.
The 37-year-old actress who is currently busy with her movie project, Maleficent, said that she doesn't see herself growing old in Hollywood.
"I think I'm going to have to give up the acting as the kids hit the teenage years, anyway, too much to manage at home," Jolie said. "I have enjoyed being an actress. I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even be able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun."
"I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it's a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it. But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what's happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way," Angelina continued.
Brad who is soon to marry Angie also expressed the same sentiments earlier in one of his interviews. He said that he has grown more conscious in choosing film projects with fear that his children might judge him in the future.
"If I'm choosing a film now I want it to be, maybe, less immature than things I've done in the past. I'm very conscious that they're going to see it as adults. I want it to mean something to them. I want them to think, "Dad's all right." It changes everything," Brad Pitt said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced