Angelina Jolie Vows to Quit Hollywood
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:13 PM EST
Last year, Brad claimed that he will quit acting for directing when he reaches 50. Now, his fiancée, Angelina Jolie, has vowed to do the same thing.
Brangelina wants to spend more time with their brood. Their solution? Saying goodbye to the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.
While they are considered one of the A-list couples of Tinsel town, Brad and Angelina are determined to live a normal and peaceful life. Recently Angelina told about her plans to quit acting to spend more quality and quantity time with their six kids.
The 37-year-old actress who is currently busy with her movie project, Maleficent, said that she doesn't see herself growing old in Hollywood.
"I think I'm going to have to give up the acting as the kids hit the teenage years, anyway, too much to manage at home," Jolie said. "I have enjoyed being an actress. I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even be able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun."
"I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it's a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it. But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what's happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way," Angelina continued.
Brad who is soon to marry Angie also expressed the same sentiments earlier in one of his interviews. He said that he has grown more conscious in choosing film projects with fear that his children might judge him in the future.
"If I'm choosing a film now I want it to be, maybe, less immature than things I've done in the past. I'm very conscious that they're going to see it as adults. I want it to mean something to them. I want them to think, "Dad's all right." It changes everything," Brad Pitt said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Hints CW TV Series Could End With Season 6, Shares Latest Project on Instagram
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements