Angelina Jolie Vows to Quit Hollywood
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:13 PM EST
Last year, Brad claimed that he will quit acting for directing when he reaches 50. Now, his fiancée, Angelina Jolie, has vowed to do the same thing.
Brangelina wants to spend more time with their brood. Their solution? Saying goodbye to the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.
While they are considered one of the A-list couples of Tinsel town, Brad and Angelina are determined to live a normal and peaceful life. Recently Angelina told about her plans to quit acting to spend more quality and quantity time with their six kids.
The 37-year-old actress who is currently busy with her movie project, Maleficent, said that she doesn't see herself growing old in Hollywood.
"I think I'm going to have to give up the acting as the kids hit the teenage years, anyway, too much to manage at home," Jolie said. "I have enjoyed being an actress. I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even be able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun."
"I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it's a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it. But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what's happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way," Angelina continued.
Brad who is soon to marry Angie also expressed the same sentiments earlier in one of his interviews. He said that he has grown more conscious in choosing film projects with fear that his children might judge him in the future.
"If I'm choosing a film now I want it to be, maybe, less immature than things I've done in the past. I'm very conscious that they're going to see it as adults. I want it to mean something to them. I want them to think, "Dad's all right." It changes everything," Brad Pitt said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]