Is the Duchess of Cambridge Having a Critical Pregnancy?
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:11 PM EST
It is confirmed that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her first child. The news came after Kate was admitted in the hospital after she suffered "severe morning sickness."
The Duke of Cambridge remained at his wife hospital bed side for hours. It was reported that while they stayed at Kate's family over the weekend, William needed to take Kate to the hospital after she fell ill. William and Kate were believed to be at the Middleton's house to personally announce the Duchess' pregnancy.
According to reports, the Royal couple was forced to reveal about Kate's pregnancy because of her bad health. After she arrived at the hospital, Kate was immediately put on drip because of dehydration. While some are weary and concerned about the Duchess' health during her first pregnancy, the couple assured the public that there is no health threat for the Kate and the baby.
Early in the morning, William was photographed arriving at King Edward VII hospital to visit his wife the second time. The Clarence House announced that The Duchess of Cambridge "needs rest and will stay in for several days."
On the brink of the joyful news that delighted the whole nation, the growing concern for Kate and the baby's health can't be denied. Kate's mother, Carole, is expected to drop by and visit her daughter. Pippa Middleton who also lives near the hospital is set to bring comfort to her older sister.
It was believed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were keeping the good news and plans to announce it on Christmas day. But after Kate was admitted to the hospital, the couple had no choice but to formally announce the baby news.
"The situation is the same as yesterday - we said she would stay in for several days and that is still the case. It's a period of rest that she needs, so she will stay in for several days," a spokesperson of Clarence House said in a statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’