Is the Duchess of Cambridge Having a Critical Pregnancy?
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:11 PM EST
It is confirmed that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her first child. The news came after Kate was admitted in the hospital after she suffered "severe morning sickness."
The Duke of Cambridge remained at his wife hospital bed side for hours. It was reported that while they stayed at Kate's family over the weekend, William needed to take Kate to the hospital after she fell ill. William and Kate were believed to be at the Middleton's house to personally announce the Duchess' pregnancy.
According to reports, the Royal couple was forced to reveal about Kate's pregnancy because of her bad health. After she arrived at the hospital, Kate was immediately put on drip because of dehydration. While some are weary and concerned about the Duchess' health during her first pregnancy, the couple assured the public that there is no health threat for the Kate and the baby.
Early in the morning, William was photographed arriving at King Edward VII hospital to visit his wife the second time. The Clarence House announced that The Duchess of Cambridge "needs rest and will stay in for several days."
On the brink of the joyful news that delighted the whole nation, the growing concern for Kate and the baby's health can't be denied. Kate's mother, Carole, is expected to drop by and visit her daughter. Pippa Middleton who also lives near the hospital is set to bring comfort to her older sister.
It was believed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were keeping the good news and plans to announce it on Christmas day. But after Kate was admitted to the hospital, the couple had no choice but to formally announce the baby news.
"The situation is the same as yesterday - we said she would stay in for several days and that is still the case. It's a period of rest that she needs, so she will stay in for several days," a spokesperson of Clarence House said in a statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown