Is the Duchess of Cambridge Having a Critical Pregnancy?
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:11 PM EST
It is confirmed that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her first child. The news came after Kate was admitted in the hospital after she suffered "severe morning sickness."
The Duke of Cambridge remained at his wife hospital bed side for hours. It was reported that while they stayed at Kate's family over the weekend, William needed to take Kate to the hospital after she fell ill. William and Kate were believed to be at the Middleton's house to personally announce the Duchess' pregnancy.
According to reports, the Royal couple was forced to reveal about Kate's pregnancy because of her bad health. After she arrived at the hospital, Kate was immediately put on drip because of dehydration. While some are weary and concerned about the Duchess' health during her first pregnancy, the couple assured the public that there is no health threat for the Kate and the baby.
Early in the morning, William was photographed arriving at King Edward VII hospital to visit his wife the second time. The Clarence House announced that The Duchess of Cambridge "needs rest and will stay in for several days."
On the brink of the joyful news that delighted the whole nation, the growing concern for Kate and the baby's health can't be denied. Kate's mother, Carole, is expected to drop by and visit her daughter. Pippa Middleton who also lives near the hospital is set to bring comfort to her older sister.
It was believed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were keeping the good news and plans to announce it on Christmas day. But after Kate was admitted to the hospital, the couple had no choice but to formally announce the baby news.
"The situation is the same as yesterday - we said she would stay in for several days and that is still the case. It's a period of rest that she needs, so she will stay in for several days," a spokesperson of Clarence House said in a statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko