Is the Duchess of Cambridge Having a Critical Pregnancy?
By Czarina Malleta | December 5, 2012 1:11 PM EST
It is confirmed that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her first child. The news came after Kate was admitted in the hospital after she suffered "severe morning sickness."
The Duke of Cambridge remained at his wife hospital bed side for hours. It was reported that while they stayed at Kate's family over the weekend, William needed to take Kate to the hospital after she fell ill. William and Kate were believed to be at the Middleton's house to personally announce the Duchess' pregnancy.
According to reports, the Royal couple was forced to reveal about Kate's pregnancy because of her bad health. After she arrived at the hospital, Kate was immediately put on drip because of dehydration. While some are weary and concerned about the Duchess' health during her first pregnancy, the couple assured the public that there is no health threat for the Kate and the baby.
Early in the morning, William was photographed arriving at King Edward VII hospital to visit his wife the second time. The Clarence House announced that The Duchess of Cambridge "needs rest and will stay in for several days."
On the brink of the joyful news that delighted the whole nation, the growing concern for Kate and the baby's health can't be denied. Kate's mother, Carole, is expected to drop by and visit her daughter. Pippa Middleton who also lives near the hospital is set to bring comfort to her older sister.
It was believed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were keeping the good news and plans to announce it on Christmas day. But after Kate was admitted to the hospital, the couple had no choice but to formally announce the baby news.
"The situation is the same as yesterday - we said she would stay in for several days and that is still the case. It's a period of rest that she needs, so she will stay in for several days," a spokesperson of Clarence House said in a statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet