Kate Middleton Hyperemesis Gravidarum Pregnancy Update: Duchess Is Feeling 'Better'
By Maria Vultaggio | December 5, 2012 1:02 PM EST
Kate Middleton is continuing to feel better even though she has been diagnosed with having hyperemesis gravidarum.
A rep for the Palace just released a statement of the Duchess of Cambridge’s condition:
"The Duchess of Cambridge is continuing to feel better. She and the duke are immensely grateful for the good wishes they have received. She will remain in hospital at present and will continue to be treated for hyperemesis gravidarum."
On the same day that the Palace announced Middleton was with child, they also announced that she had been rushed to the hospital.
Hyperemesis gravidarum is a rare maternity illness that have symptoms of extreme morning sickness. She is expected to stay there for several days.
According to medical experts the rare illness could be an indication that the Duchess is pregnant with twins.
"Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby," a rep for St. James’ Palace announced on Monday. "The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news."
"The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum," the palace continued in a statement. "As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter."
Prince William and Kate Middleton are both 30 and this will be their first child or first two children if the Dutchess is in fact pregnant with twins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar