HTC One VX Available by December 7, No Jelly Bean?
By Arlene Paredes | December 5, 2012 1:01 PM EST
HTC announced earlier the release of two new smartphones - one is an upgrade and improvement of HTC One X+, the other is a more practical choice for exploring gadget shoppers: the HTC One VX. Reports say the budget friendly device will be available by December 7. Where can you get it?
The HTC One VX features a 4.5-inch screen, which is pretty big for what is supposed to be a budget smartphone. However, the screen size hardly matters when the resolution is only qHD 540 x 960. Then again, nobody looks for a budget phone with screens that can compete against Apple Retina Display.
HTC One VX: No Jelly Bean?
Setting the display aside, HTC One VX is a pretty solid smartphone in terms of hardware. It runs on a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and 1GB of RAM. It has a 5 megapixel rear camera, with secondary VGA camera for video calls.
For Android users used to Jelly Bean, it is a bummer - but not a deal breaker - that this budget smartphone is shipped only with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The internal storage is pretty small at 8GB, but it only reconciles with the affordable price.
HTC One VX: Where to Buy, and How Much?
HTC One VX is an affordable Christmas gift items for only $49.99 via AT&T. A spokesperson at AT&T told androidcentral.com the carrier store "expects to be fully stocked [with HTC One VX] in all channels by Dec. 7."
In its review of HTC One VX, Android Community said, "The few small drops make this a budget device over a top-tier smartphone, but certainly make that $49.99 price point extremely attractive."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef