'Chick Bank Robber' Hanna Sabata Posts Incriminating Evidence On YouTube, Gets Arrested [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 5, 2012 12:57 PM EST
“Chick Bank Robber” Hannah Sabata got herself arrested after the 19-year-old Nebraska girl flaunted cash from robbing a bank and the keys to a car she stole and posted the evidence on YouTube.
The YouTube video, which can be seen above and is titled “Chick Bank robber,” shows Sabata copping to robbing the bank and stealing the car as Green Day’s “Warning” serves as background music.
“I just stole a car and robbed a bank. Now I'm rich, I can pay off my college financial aid and tomorrow i'm going for a shopping spree. Bite me. I love GREENDAY!” Sabata purportedly wrote in explaining the video.
Posting the video wasn’t the brightest ideas, as York, Neb., police caught wind of the incriminating clip and arrested Sabata, who lives in Stromsburg, Neb, the York News Times reported.
The paper reported Sabata was arrested Wednesday. York County Sheriff Dale Radcliff said authorities have a copy of the video, which will be used as evidence against the flashy 19-year-old girl.
Sabata wore the same clothes in her video that a woman caught on security cameras was wearing when a Waco bank in York was robbed, according to the News Times.
In the video, Sabata holds up the keys to the car.
“The shiny new car is a Pontiac Grand Am. Of course I already took off the license plates and threw them out,” she said.
The more than 7-minute long YouTube video had more than 26,000 hits as of early Tuesday evening. The clip has been unpopular with YouTube users, with 648 users disliking the video compared to 161 people who gave it a thumbs-up.
Commenters of the video said Sabata was dim-witted for making the incriminating video and sharing it online.
“I think that the Green Day song_ she was looking for was "American Idiot" lol.,” wrote YouTube user cmichalkis. The comment was liked by 22 watchers of the video.
“What a dumb schmuck! First of all, if you commit a crime, the worst possible_ thing you can is to boast about like an idiotic moron, especially, on all places, the INTERNET!?! To me, that is beyond retardation! And you stole only 6000 dollars? Wow, that is sad, you're pretty poor then, money-wise, and down-right pitiful!” opined user joe schmoe. The comment drew 16 likes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People