HSBC sells entire $9.4 billion Ping An stake to Thai group
December 5, 2012 11:28 AM EST
HSBC said on Wednesday it has sold its entire HK$72.7 billion (5.82 billion pounds) stake in Chinese insurer Ping An Insurance <601318.SS>, as the bank seeks to sell non-core holdings.
The acquisition of the Ping An <2318.HK> stake will be financed in part in cash and under a facility with China Development Bank Corp. Hong Kong.
(Reporting by Donny Kwok and Michael FLaherty; Editing by Richard Pullin)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch