HSBC sells entire $9.4 billion Ping An stake to Thai group
December 5, 2012 11:28 AM EST
HSBC said on Wednesday it has sold its entire HK$72.7 billion (5.82 billion pounds) stake in Chinese insurer Ping An Insurance <601318.SS>, as the bank seeks to sell non-core holdings.
The acquisition of the Ping An <2318.HK> stake will be financed in part in cash and under a facility with China Development Bank Corp. Hong Kong.
(Reporting by Donny Kwok and Michael FLaherty; Editing by Richard Pullin)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed