WWE Champion CM Punk to Miss TLC After Knee Surgery [REPORT]
December 5, 2012 8:50 AM EST
The WWE may be without its top star for their upcoming Pay-Per-View.
CM Punk underwent knee surgery on Monday, and is expected to miss The Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV, as a result. The event is scheduled to take place on Sunday Dec. 16 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
Renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews completed a scope of Punk’s left knee, according to wwe.com. He trimmed a cartilage tear in the wrestler’s knee, and a return in less than two weeks seems unlikely.
Punk reportedly suffered the injury a few weeks ago, but has performed on every “Monday Night Raw” since. Athletes who undergo the same procedure are typically able to practice one or two weeks after the surgery.
Punk is the current WWE champion and in the midst of a historic title run. Tuesday marks the 380th day of his championship reign, which ties John Cena for the longest title run in the past 25 years.
The main event of TLC was scheduled to be CM Punk vs. Ryback, with the WWE title belt on the line. Punk has beaten Ryback in the main event of the past few PPV’s, with interference from the referee and other wrestlers.
There is no word yet on who will replace Punk in the main event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy