Rihanna Hits The Runway At The 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show And Designs Her Own Collection With River Line [PHOTOS]
By Amethyst Tate | December 5, 2012 7:33 AM EST
Rihanna is not only performing at the 2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, she is also designing her own collection, collaborating with British designer River Island.
Rihanna called herself a 'Victoria’s Secret girl,' after performing on stage at the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York. The show airs Tuesday night.
She certainly looked like one, as the 24-year-old beauty wore two racy outfits during the show. One was a fitted black gown that had a thigh-high slit on the left side, revealing her garter belts. She paired the oufit with lace gloves, shades adorned with pearls, pearl earrings, a pearl choker, and black boots.
Her second outfit was a pale lace pink ensemble, which she paired with pink boots and plum lipstick. Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
"Don't miss the Victoria's Secret fashion show tonight!! I'm performing 2 songs from UNAPOLOGETIC #holla #bad,” Rihanna tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
Rihanna also tweeted about her own Spring/Summer 2013 collection with River Island that will reflect her personal style. My [expletive] so Bvalgari … Just directed my first ad campaign for my new collection with River Island, Spring/Summer 2013!! And that’s a wrap at the end of a 2 day shoot w/ MARIO SORRENTI,” Rihanna tweeted.
In July, Rihanna expressed her enthusiasm concerning a fashion line, saying in a statement: "I've been wanting to design my own collection for some time. River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family-run business also really appealed to me.
"I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I'm looking forward to working with them and creating something really special."
River Island said: "We're so pleased to announce an exciting collaboration with Rihanna. Yep, she will be designing her first clothing range exclusively for River Island.
"We're all huge fans of Rihanna's style here at River Island so you can imagine how flattered we were when she approached us about working together and bringing our fashion experience to her range."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related