Rihanna Hits The Runway At The 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show And Designs Her Own Collection With River Line [PHOTOS]
By Amethyst Tate | December 5, 2012 7:33 AM EST
Rihanna is not only performing at the 2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, she is also designing her own collection, collaborating with British designer River Island.
Rihanna called herself a 'Victoria’s Secret girl,' after performing on stage at the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York. The show airs Tuesday night.
She certainly looked like one, as the 24-year-old beauty wore two racy outfits during the show. One was a fitted black gown that had a thigh-high slit on the left side, revealing her garter belts. She paired the oufit with lace gloves, shades adorned with pearls, pearl earrings, a pearl choker, and black boots.
Her second outfit was a pale lace pink ensemble, which she paired with pink boots and plum lipstick. Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
"Don't miss the Victoria's Secret fashion show tonight!! I'm performing 2 songs from UNAPOLOGETIC #holla #bad,” Rihanna tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
Rihanna also tweeted about her own Spring/Summer 2013 collection with River Island that will reflect her personal style. My [expletive] so Bvalgari … Just directed my first ad campaign for my new collection with River Island, Spring/Summer 2013!! And that’s a wrap at the end of a 2 day shoot w/ MARIO SORRENTI,” Rihanna tweeted.
In July, Rihanna expressed her enthusiasm concerning a fashion line, saying in a statement: "I've been wanting to design my own collection for some time. River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family-run business also really appealed to me.
"I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I'm looking forward to working with them and creating something really special."
River Island said: "We're so pleased to announce an exciting collaboration with Rihanna. Yep, she will be designing her first clothing range exclusively for River Island.
"We're all huge fans of Rihanna's style here at River Island so you can imagine how flattered we were when she approached us about working together and bringing our fashion experience to her range."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying