Rihanna Hits The Runway At The 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show And Designs Her Own Collection With River Line [PHOTOS]
By Amethyst Tate | December 5, 2012 7:33 AM EST
Rihanna is not only performing at the 2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, she is also designing her own collection, collaborating with British designer River Island.
Rihanna called herself a 'Victoria’s Secret girl,' after performing on stage at the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York. The show airs Tuesday night.
She certainly looked like one, as the 24-year-old beauty wore two racy outfits during the show. One was a fitted black gown that had a thigh-high slit on the left side, revealing her garter belts. She paired the oufit with lace gloves, shades adorned with pearls, pearl earrings, a pearl choker, and black boots.
Her second outfit was a pale lace pink ensemble, which she paired with pink boots and plum lipstick. Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
"Don't miss the Victoria's Secret fashion show tonight!! I'm performing 2 songs from UNAPOLOGETIC #holla #bad,” Rihanna tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
Rihanna also tweeted about her own Spring/Summer 2013 collection with River Island that will reflect her personal style. My [expletive] so Bvalgari … Just directed my first ad campaign for my new collection with River Island, Spring/Summer 2013!! And that’s a wrap at the end of a 2 day shoot w/ MARIO SORRENTI,” Rihanna tweeted.
In July, Rihanna expressed her enthusiasm concerning a fashion line, saying in a statement: "I've been wanting to design my own collection for some time. River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family-run business also really appealed to me.
"I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I'm looking forward to working with them and creating something really special."
River Island said: "We're so pleased to announce an exciting collaboration with Rihanna. Yep, she will be designing her first clothing range exclusively for River Island.
"We're all huge fans of Rihanna's style here at River Island so you can imagine how flattered we were when she approached us about working together and bringing our fashion experience to her range."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar