Rihanna Hits The Runway At The 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show And Designs Her Own Collection With River Line [PHOTOS]
By Amethyst Tate | December 5, 2012 7:33 AM EST
Rihanna is not only performing at the 2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, she is also designing her own collection, collaborating with British designer River Island.
Rihanna called herself a 'Victoria’s Secret girl,' after performing on stage at the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York. The show airs Tuesday night.
She certainly looked like one, as the 24-year-old beauty wore two racy outfits during the show. One was a fitted black gown that had a thigh-high slit on the left side, revealing her garter belts. She paired the oufit with lace gloves, shades adorned with pearls, pearl earrings, a pearl choker, and black boots.
Her second outfit was a pale lace pink ensemble, which she paired with pink boots and plum lipstick. Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
"Don't miss the Victoria's Secret fashion show tonight!! I'm performing 2 songs from UNAPOLOGETIC #holla #bad,” Rihanna tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
Rihanna also tweeted about her own Spring/Summer 2013 collection with River Island that will reflect her personal style. My [expletive] so Bvalgari … Just directed my first ad campaign for my new collection with River Island, Spring/Summer 2013!! And that’s a wrap at the end of a 2 day shoot w/ MARIO SORRENTI,” Rihanna tweeted.
In July, Rihanna expressed her enthusiasm concerning a fashion line, saying in a statement: "I've been wanting to design my own collection for some time. River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family-run business also really appealed to me.
"I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I'm looking forward to working with them and creating something really special."
River Island said: "We're so pleased to announce an exciting collaboration with Rihanna. Yep, she will be designing her first clothing range exclusively for River Island.
"We're all huge fans of Rihanna's style here at River Island so you can imagine how flattered we were when she approached us about working together and bringing our fashion experience to her range."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks