Rihanna Hits The Runway At The 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show And Designs Her Own Collection With River Line [PHOTOS]
By Amethyst Tate | December 5, 2012 7:33 AM EST
Rihanna is not only performing at the 2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, she is also designing her own collection, collaborating with British designer River Island.
Rihanna called herself a 'Victoria’s Secret girl,' after performing on stage at the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York. The show airs Tuesday night.
She certainly looked like one, as the 24-year-old beauty wore two racy outfits during the show. One was a fitted black gown that had a thigh-high slit on the left side, revealing her garter belts. She paired the oufit with lace gloves, shades adorned with pearls, pearl earrings, a pearl choker, and black boots.
Her second outfit was a pale lace pink ensemble, which she paired with pink boots and plum lipstick. Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
"Don't miss the Victoria's Secret fashion show tonight!! I'm performing 2 songs from UNAPOLOGETIC #holla #bad,” Rihanna tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
Rihanna also tweeted about her own Spring/Summer 2013 collection with River Island that will reflect her personal style. My [expletive] so Bvalgari … Just directed my first ad campaign for my new collection with River Island, Spring/Summer 2013!! And that’s a wrap at the end of a 2 day shoot w/ MARIO SORRENTI,” Rihanna tweeted.
In July, Rihanna expressed her enthusiasm concerning a fashion line, saying in a statement: "I've been wanting to design my own collection for some time. River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family-run business also really appealed to me.
"I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I'm looking forward to working with them and creating something really special."
River Island said: "We're so pleased to announce an exciting collaboration with Rihanna. Yep, she will be designing her first clothing range exclusively for River Island.
"We're all huge fans of Rihanna's style here at River Island so you can imagine how flattered we were when she approached us about working together and bringing our fashion experience to her range."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports