Apple Sales Still Strong?
By Micah Lamar | December 5, 2012 4:47 AM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) doesn’t need to express how good their company is doing this last quarter, the numbers speak for themselves.
Apple CEO Tim Cook stated recently, “We’re entering this holiday season with the best iPhone, iPad, iMac and iPod products ever, and we remain very confident in our new product pipeline.”
AAPL sales are crazy good
AAPL has sold 26.9 million iPhones last quarter, this represents a 58% unit growth from this quarter last year. What I find most interesting is that the iPod sales are actually going down… I wonder where this money is now going? Drum roll please… it has to be the iPad, which is now generating more revenue than the Mac.
Here are some more facts and tidbits from last quarter: 14 million iPads, 4.9 million Macs and 5.3 million iPods. No wonder why PC sales were down 8 percent year-over-year across the globe.
International sales accounted for 60 percent of the Q4 2012 results.
“We’re pleased to have generated over $41 billion in net income and over $50 billion in operating cash flow in fiscal 2012,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the first fiscal quarter of 2013, we expect revenue of about $52 billion and diluted earnings per share of about $11.75.”
See how the AAPLTrader Community is trading AAPL stock right now at AAPLTrader.com
So… Why is the stock not at new highs?
The media would say that it’s because of “fiscal cliff” worries, or the European dept crisis. In my opinion the reason according to the media seems to change everyday. The fact remains that AAPL stock is still $125 points or 17% off it’s highs and the stock has a lot of work to do to get back up there!
- Micah -AAPLTrader.com - Official hang out for Apple stock and option traders. Plus AAPL Stock TV shows, mastermind groups and trade analysis tools. Get a free AAPL "Pay Day" mini course with your free membership.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown