Apple Sales Still Strong?
By Micah Lamar | December 5, 2012 4:47 AM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) doesn’t need to express how good their company is doing this last quarter, the numbers speak for themselves.
Apple CEO Tim Cook stated recently, “We’re entering this holiday season with the best iPhone, iPad, iMac and iPod products ever, and we remain very confident in our new product pipeline.”
AAPL sales are crazy good
AAPL has sold 26.9 million iPhones last quarter, this represents a 58% unit growth from this quarter last year. What I find most interesting is that the iPod sales are actually going down… I wonder where this money is now going? Drum roll please… it has to be the iPad, which is now generating more revenue than the Mac.
Here are some more facts and tidbits from last quarter: 14 million iPads, 4.9 million Macs and 5.3 million iPods. No wonder why PC sales were down 8 percent year-over-year across the globe.
International sales accounted for 60 percent of the Q4 2012 results.
“We’re pleased to have generated over $41 billion in net income and over $50 billion in operating cash flow in fiscal 2012,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the first fiscal quarter of 2013, we expect revenue of about $52 billion and diluted earnings per share of about $11.75.”
See how the AAPLTrader Community is trading AAPL stock right now at AAPLTrader.com
So… Why is the stock not at new highs?
The media would say that it’s because of “fiscal cliff” worries, or the European dept crisis. In my opinion the reason according to the media seems to change everyday. The fact remains that AAPL stock is still $125 points or 17% off it’s highs and the stock has a lot of work to do to get back up there!
- Micah -AAPLTrader.com - Official hang out for Apple stock and option traders. Plus AAPL Stock TV shows, mastermind groups and trade analysis tools. Get a free AAPL "Pay Day" mini course with your free membership.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]