Apple Sales Still Strong?
By Micah Lamar | December 5, 2012 4:47 AM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) doesn’t need to express how good their company is doing this last quarter, the numbers speak for themselves.
Apple CEO Tim Cook stated recently, “We’re entering this holiday season with the best iPhone, iPad, iMac and iPod products ever, and we remain very confident in our new product pipeline.”
AAPL sales are crazy good
AAPL has sold 26.9 million iPhones last quarter, this represents a 58% unit growth from this quarter last year. What I find most interesting is that the iPod sales are actually going down… I wonder where this money is now going? Drum roll please… it has to be the iPad, which is now generating more revenue than the Mac.
Here are some more facts and tidbits from last quarter: 14 million iPads, 4.9 million Macs and 5.3 million iPods. No wonder why PC sales were down 8 percent year-over-year across the globe.
International sales accounted for 60 percent of the Q4 2012 results.
“We’re pleased to have generated over $41 billion in net income and over $50 billion in operating cash flow in fiscal 2012,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the first fiscal quarter of 2013, we expect revenue of about $52 billion and diluted earnings per share of about $11.75.”
See how the AAPLTrader Community is trading AAPL stock right now at AAPLTrader.com
So… Why is the stock not at new highs?
The media would say that it’s because of “fiscal cliff” worries, or the European dept crisis. In my opinion the reason according to the media seems to change everyday. The fact remains that AAPL stock is still $125 points or 17% off it’s highs and the stock has a lot of work to do to get back up there!
- Micah -AAPLTrader.com - Official hang out for Apple stock and option traders. Plus AAPL Stock TV shows, mastermind groups and trade analysis tools. Get a free AAPL "Pay Day" mini course with your free membership.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying