Apple Sales Still Strong?
By Micah Lamar | December 5, 2012 4:47 AM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) doesn’t need to express how good their company is doing this last quarter, the numbers speak for themselves.
Apple CEO Tim Cook stated recently, “We’re entering this holiday season with the best iPhone, iPad, iMac and iPod products ever, and we remain very confident in our new product pipeline.”
AAPL sales are crazy good
AAPL has sold 26.9 million iPhones last quarter, this represents a 58% unit growth from this quarter last year. What I find most interesting is that the iPod sales are actually going down… I wonder where this money is now going? Drum roll please… it has to be the iPad, which is now generating more revenue than the Mac.
Here are some more facts and tidbits from last quarter: 14 million iPads, 4.9 million Macs and 5.3 million iPods. No wonder why PC sales were down 8 percent year-over-year across the globe.
International sales accounted for 60 percent of the Q4 2012 results.
“We’re pleased to have generated over $41 billion in net income and over $50 billion in operating cash flow in fiscal 2012,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the first fiscal quarter of 2013, we expect revenue of about $52 billion and diluted earnings per share of about $11.75.”
See how the AAPLTrader Community is trading AAPL stock right now at AAPLTrader.com
So… Why is the stock not at new highs?
The media would say that it’s because of “fiscal cliff” worries, or the European dept crisis. In my opinion the reason according to the media seems to change everyday. The fact remains that AAPL stock is still $125 points or 17% off it’s highs and the stock has a lot of work to do to get back up there!
- Micah -AAPLTrader.com - Official hang out for Apple stock and option traders. Plus AAPL Stock TV shows, mastermind groups and trade analysis tools. Get a free AAPL "Pay Day" mini course with your free membership.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories