Apple Sales Still Strong?
By Micah Lamar | December 5, 2012 4:47 AM EST
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) doesn’t need to express how good their company is doing this last quarter, the numbers speak for themselves.
Apple CEO Tim Cook stated recently, “We’re entering this holiday season with the best iPhone, iPad, iMac and iPod products ever, and we remain very confident in our new product pipeline.”
AAPL sales are crazy good
AAPL has sold 26.9 million iPhones last quarter, this represents a 58% unit growth from this quarter last year. What I find most interesting is that the iPod sales are actually going down… I wonder where this money is now going? Drum roll please… it has to be the iPad, which is now generating more revenue than the Mac.
Here are some more facts and tidbits from last quarter: 14 million iPads, 4.9 million Macs and 5.3 million iPods. No wonder why PC sales were down 8 percent year-over-year across the globe.
International sales accounted for 60 percent of the Q4 2012 results.
“We’re pleased to have generated over $41 billion in net income and over $50 billion in operating cash flow in fiscal 2012,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the first fiscal quarter of 2013, we expect revenue of about $52 billion and diluted earnings per share of about $11.75.”
See how the AAPLTrader Community is trading AAPL stock right now at AAPLTrader.com
So… Why is the stock not at new highs?
The media would say that it’s because of “fiscal cliff” worries, or the European dept crisis. In my opinion the reason according to the media seems to change everyday. The fact remains that AAPL stock is still $125 points or 17% off it’s highs and the stock has a lot of work to do to get back up there!
- Micah -AAPLTrader.com - Official hang out for Apple stock and option traders. Plus AAPL Stock TV shows, mastermind groups and trade analysis tools. Get a free AAPL "Pay Day" mini course with your free membership.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate