Naked Duke of Cambridge Statue Protest Man Dan Motrescu Jailed
By Dominic Gover | December 5, 2012 3:45 AM EST
A naked man who climbed on top of a Whitehall statue as part of a protest has been jailed.
Dan Motrescu brought traffic in the busy thoroughfare by Downing Street to a standstill. His stunt lasted nearly three hours.
The 29-year-old mounted the bronze statue of the Duke of Cambridge and tore off his clothes. He then ripped a sword from the statue's hand and began brandishing it.
Bemused onlookers were treated to the Ukrainian national striking a series of poses atop the bronze effigy of Prince William's predecessor to the Duchy of Cambridge.
Emergency crews attending the scene, including medics, coaxed Motrerscu, of no fixed abode, down from his chilly perch.
At Westminster magistrates court he was convicted of criminal damage, possession of an offensive weapon and a Section 5 public order offence.
He was jailed for three months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage