Pablo Zabaleta Compares Manchester City Star to Ronaldo and Messi
By Naveen Ullal | December 5, 2012 2:42 AM EST
Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta has compared his team mate Mario Balotelli to two of this year's three Ballon d'Or finalists - Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Argentine international hailed the former Inter Milan man as the best striker in world and feels he could possibly compete with Ronaldo and Messi for the FIFA World player of the year award in due course.
"As a player he has a great talent. I don't know if he would be fighting for the Ballon d'Or with Messi and Ronaldo but he would be close to being one of the best strikers in the world," the Argentine said.
Balotelli has been known for his on and off-field tantrums since his Inter days, and he has continued in the same vein since arriving at the Etihad from Italy in 2010. Despite the praise, Zabaleta claims the Italian international's unpredictable behaviour can be either hilarious or frustrating, depending on the situation.
"Since Mario arrived he has done positive and negative things. He is a player, a person too, who is very difficult to understand because you never know what he is going to come up with next. As a player, sometimes not all you have in the feet you have in the head, and Mario is a character that, as a team-mate, sometimes you laugh at what he does and sometimes you want to kill him. But in the end he is a great person," Zabaleta went on to add.
Staying in Europe Important for City Chief
Meanwhile, City manager Roberto Mancini believes it is important for the English champions to qualify for the Europa League as it will give his side to be in another competition. However, the English side needs to register a victory against Borussia Dortmund on Match Day 6 in order to stay in European competition.
"Even though we can't go through to the second stage of the Champions League, it is still important we try to stay in the Europa League. If in the New Year we could win the Europa League, it could be an important trophy for the club and we need to win something this season and every season. But if we go in the Europa League we will play different teams," Mancini said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase