Samsung has recently began rolling out Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) XXDLK7 software update for the LTE version of Galaxy Note 2 by model number N7105. The first lucky users to receive the update are from South Africa. But it is compatible with a number of countries including the UK.
The Galaxy Note 2 LTE users, who have already installed XXDLK7 Jelly Bean, may follow the tutorial below to root their devices running on official software version. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during rooting. The aforementioned Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 therefore users are advised to verify the model number of their devices before following the guide.
1) Download USB drivers for Galaxy Note 2 LTE and enable the USB debugging mode.
2) Back-up all your important data before proceeding.
3) Ensure that your that the battery of the phone carries more than 80 per cent of charge.
4) Your phone should be factory unlocked.
5) The guide below only roots the device therefore users will have to install custom recovery separately to install custom ROMs.
Steps to root Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 on Android 4.1.2 XXDLK7 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root package for Galaxy Note 2 LTE to your computer and then extract the zip file
2) Download Odin3 .07 and extract the zip file
3) Turn off your phone. Place it into Download Mode by pressing Volume Down, Home and and Power buttons together. A warning message will appear on the screen, now press the Volume Up button to Enter into Download Mode
4) Run Odin on your computer. Connect the Note 2 LTE to the computer using USB cable. You will get to see a message saying 'Added' under Odin's message box. In addition if the device is connected successfully, you will see COM port with a number in Yellow
5) In Odin click the PDA tab and select CF-Auto-Root-tolte-gtn7105.tar.md5 file
6) Hit the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
7) Once the installation process is completed, you should see a Pass message with green background at the top of Odin. The device will then automatically reboot. You may safely unplug the USB cable from the phone after you see the Samsung logo on the screen
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 running on Android 4.1.2 XXDLK7 Jelly Bean official firmware is successfully rooted. You may follow the guide here to verify whether the device is rooted or not.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To contact the editor, e-mail: