Samsung Releases Android 4.1.2 XXDLK7 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 [How to Install]
By Sarmistha Acharya | December 4, 2012 8:34 PM EST
Software version: Android 4.1.2
The firmware at present is available for the users in South Africa however it is compatible with a number of European countries including the UK. The Galaxy Note 2 LTE users, who wish to install the update manually, may follow the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be responsible for any damage to the device during installation. The users are also advised to verify the model number of their devices before following the guide since the aforementioned Jelly Bean build is only compatible with Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105.
2) Ensure that the battery of the device carries more than 80 per cent of charge.
3) Create back-up of all your important data before proceeding.
4) Ensure that your device is factory unlocked.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXDLK7 on Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXDLK7 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Note 2 LTE to your computer. Extract the firmware zip file
2) Download Odin v3.07 and extract the file
3) Power off the phone and place it into Download Mode. To do so press Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. You should then see a warning message on the screen, now press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode
4) Open Odin v3.07 on the computer. Connect the Note 2 to the computer using the USB cable. You will get to see a message saying Added under Odin's message box. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if the device is successfully connected to the computer
5) Now select these files in the order mentioned below to install on your phone
a) Click the PDA button and select file named Code
b) Click the Phone button and select file named Modem
c) Click the CSC button and select file named CSC
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: You may ignore last three steps if files by such name are not found.
6) After you have double checked everything, hit the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
7) Upon the completion of the installation process, you will get to see a Pass message with green background at the top of Odin. The phone will then automatically reboot. You can disconnect the phone from the computer once you get to see the Samsung logo on the screen
Congratulations! the Android 4.1.2 XXDLK7 Jelly Bean official firmware is now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software update on your device.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO