Rupee Edges Marginally Higher
December 4, 2012 3:22 PM EST
Rupee inches marginally higher to 54.75/76 versus its previous close of 54.77/78 as some profit-taking is happening in the dollar after the sharp rise seen in the previous session.
Trading however is expected to be choppy ahead of the crucial vote on foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail due on Wednesday afternoon which will be a critical determinant of the rupee's direction in the medium term.
Traders will watch the domestic sharemarket movement for direction during the day. Shares trading down 0.15 percent in opening deals.
Asian currencies trading mixed versus the dollar.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Australian Dollar Outlook - 19 September 2014
- Economy Travel Not So Anymore with Air Canada, Starts Charging C$25 Checked Bag Fee
- Australian Dollar Outlook - 18 September 2014
- U.S. Congress Approves Arming, Training Syrian Rebels Against ISIS