Rupee Edges Marginally Higher
December 4, 2012 3:22 PM EST
Rupee inches marginally higher to 54.75/76 versus its previous close of 54.77/78 as some profit-taking is happening in the dollar after the sharp rise seen in the previous session.
Trading however is expected to be choppy ahead of the crucial vote on foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail due on Wednesday afternoon which will be a critical determinant of the rupee's direction in the medium term.
Traders will watch the domestic sharemarket movement for direction during the day. Shares trading down 0.15 percent in opening deals.
Asian currencies trading mixed versus the dollar.
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- If ‘Selfie’ Was The Word Of The Year In 2013, Selfie Stick Is Top Christmas Gift In 2014
- Australian Economy ‘Out Of Luck’ And 40 Percent Chance Of Recession Says Gerard Minack--Report
- Putin Blames Russian Central Bank For Rouble Decline, Admits Lack Of Plan To Fix Economy
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble