Liverpool Transfer News: Long, Diame, Gomis And Milevskiy On Rodgers' Wanted List?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 4, 2012 11:56 AM EST
Talk of Liverpool’s hunt for striking reinforcements is only increasing as the January transfer window draws ever closer. Having failed to land a forward in the closing stages of the summer transfer window and with Luis Suarez currently the club’s only fit and established striker, manager Brendan Rodgers has said that he will be looking to strengthen that area of his squad next month.
A new option for Rodgers has been put forward by the Daily Mirror, who claim that Dynamo Kiev front man Artem Milevskiy may well be available. The Ukraine international was believed to be a target for the Reds back in 2010, when Roy Hodgson was in charge at Anfield.
Dynamo Kiev could decide to sell Milevskiy, 27, in January rather than risk losing him for free in the summer when his contract is set to expire.
Liverpool could also look closer home with the Daily Star Sunday reporting that Liverpool are prepared to offer £12 million for in-form West Bromwich Albion striker Shane Long. The Republic of Ireland international has contributed five goals and four assists in 14 Premier League appearances this season.
Rodgers worked with the 25-year-old in his short time at Reading, while Liverpool are reported to have shown interest in Long last year. According to the Star, Liverpool have already informed Long’s advisers of their interest in the player.
The Sun has ventured a further target for Liverpool with the claim that Rodgers is eager to recruit Lyon front man Bafetimbi Gomis. The 27-year-old France international has been in impressive form this season, netting 10 goals in Ligue 1. Last week Gomis scored a hat-trick in the top of the table clash with Marseille.
Liverpool could also look to strengthen their midfield and are being suggested as potential suitors for West Ham’s Mohamed Diame. The Daily Mail reports that the dynamic 25-year-old had a buyout clause inserted in his contract when he arrived on a free transfer from Wigan in the summer.
While the amount of that clause is unknown, the Mail claims that Liverpool and Everton could be prepared to pay £6 million for the Senegal international. Diame has been widely praised for his performances since arriving at Upton Park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales