Liverpool Transfer News: Long, Diame, Gomis And Milevskiy On Rodgers' Wanted List?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 4, 2012 11:56 AM EST
Talk of Liverpool’s hunt for striking reinforcements is only increasing as the January transfer window draws ever closer. Having failed to land a forward in the closing stages of the summer transfer window and with Luis Suarez currently the club’s only fit and established striker, manager Brendan Rodgers has said that he will be looking to strengthen that area of his squad next month.
A new option for Rodgers has been put forward by the Daily Mirror, who claim that Dynamo Kiev front man Artem Milevskiy may well be available. The Ukraine international was believed to be a target for the Reds back in 2010, when Roy Hodgson was in charge at Anfield.
Dynamo Kiev could decide to sell Milevskiy, 27, in January rather than risk losing him for free in the summer when his contract is set to expire.
Liverpool could also look closer home with the Daily Star Sunday reporting that Liverpool are prepared to offer £12 million for in-form West Bromwich Albion striker Shane Long. The Republic of Ireland international has contributed five goals and four assists in 14 Premier League appearances this season.
Rodgers worked with the 25-year-old in his short time at Reading, while Liverpool are reported to have shown interest in Long last year. According to the Star, Liverpool have already informed Long’s advisers of their interest in the player.
The Sun has ventured a further target for Liverpool with the claim that Rodgers is eager to recruit Lyon front man Bafetimbi Gomis. The 27-year-old France international has been in impressive form this season, netting 10 goals in Ligue 1. Last week Gomis scored a hat-trick in the top of the table clash with Marseille.
Liverpool could also look to strengthen their midfield and are being suggested as potential suitors for West Ham’s Mohamed Diame. The Daily Mail reports that the dynamic 25-year-old had a buyout clause inserted in his contract when he arrived on a free transfer from Wigan in the summer.
While the amount of that clause is unknown, the Mail claims that Liverpool and Everton could be prepared to pay £6 million for the Senegal international. Diame has been widely praised for his performances since arriving at Upton Park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage