Liverpool Transfer News: Long, Diame, Gomis And Milevskiy On Rodgers' Wanted List?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 4, 2012 11:56 AM EST
Talk of Liverpool’s hunt for striking reinforcements is only increasing as the January transfer window draws ever closer. Having failed to land a forward in the closing stages of the summer transfer window and with Luis Suarez currently the club’s only fit and established striker, manager Brendan Rodgers has said that he will be looking to strengthen that area of his squad next month.
A new option for Rodgers has been put forward by the Daily Mirror, who claim that Dynamo Kiev front man Artem Milevskiy may well be available. The Ukraine international was believed to be a target for the Reds back in 2010, when Roy Hodgson was in charge at Anfield.
Dynamo Kiev could decide to sell Milevskiy, 27, in January rather than risk losing him for free in the summer when his contract is set to expire.
Liverpool could also look closer home with the Daily Star Sunday reporting that Liverpool are prepared to offer £12 million for in-form West Bromwich Albion striker Shane Long. The Republic of Ireland international has contributed five goals and four assists in 14 Premier League appearances this season.
Rodgers worked with the 25-year-old in his short time at Reading, while Liverpool are reported to have shown interest in Long last year. According to the Star, Liverpool have already informed Long’s advisers of their interest in the player.
The Sun has ventured a further target for Liverpool with the claim that Rodgers is eager to recruit Lyon front man Bafetimbi Gomis. The 27-year-old France international has been in impressive form this season, netting 10 goals in Ligue 1. Last week Gomis scored a hat-trick in the top of the table clash with Marseille.
Liverpool could also look to strengthen their midfield and are being suggested as potential suitors for West Ham’s Mohamed Diame. The Daily Mail reports that the dynamic 25-year-old had a buyout clause inserted in his contract when he arrived on a free transfer from Wigan in the summer.
While the amount of that clause is unknown, the Mail claims that Liverpool and Everton could be prepared to pay £6 million for the Senegal international. Diame has been widely praised for his performances since arriving at Upton Park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers