Liverpool Transfer News: Long, Diame, Gomis And Milevskiy On Rodgers' Wanted List?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 4, 2012 11:56 AM EST
Talk of Liverpool’s hunt for striking reinforcements is only increasing as the January transfer window draws ever closer. Having failed to land a forward in the closing stages of the summer transfer window and with Luis Suarez currently the club’s only fit and established striker, manager Brendan Rodgers has said that he will be looking to strengthen that area of his squad next month.
A new option for Rodgers has been put forward by the Daily Mirror, who claim that Dynamo Kiev front man Artem Milevskiy may well be available. The Ukraine international was believed to be a target for the Reds back in 2010, when Roy Hodgson was in charge at Anfield.
Dynamo Kiev could decide to sell Milevskiy, 27, in January rather than risk losing him for free in the summer when his contract is set to expire.
Liverpool could also look closer home with the Daily Star Sunday reporting that Liverpool are prepared to offer £12 million for in-form West Bromwich Albion striker Shane Long. The Republic of Ireland international has contributed five goals and four assists in 14 Premier League appearances this season.
Rodgers worked with the 25-year-old in his short time at Reading, while Liverpool are reported to have shown interest in Long last year. According to the Star, Liverpool have already informed Long’s advisers of their interest in the player.
The Sun has ventured a further target for Liverpool with the claim that Rodgers is eager to recruit Lyon front man Bafetimbi Gomis. The 27-year-old France international has been in impressive form this season, netting 10 goals in Ligue 1. Last week Gomis scored a hat-trick in the top of the table clash with Marseille.
Liverpool could also look to strengthen their midfield and are being suggested as potential suitors for West Ham’s Mohamed Diame. The Daily Mail reports that the dynamic 25-year-old had a buyout clause inserted in his contract when he arrived on a free transfer from Wigan in the summer.
While the amount of that clause is unknown, the Mail claims that Liverpool and Everton could be prepared to pay £6 million for the Senegal international. Diame has been widely praised for his performances since arriving at Upton Park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff