Liverpool Transfer News: Long, Diame, Gomis And Milevskiy On Rodgers' Wanted List?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 4, 2012 11:56 AM EST
Talk of Liverpool’s hunt for striking reinforcements is only increasing as the January transfer window draws ever closer. Having failed to land a forward in the closing stages of the summer transfer window and with Luis Suarez currently the club’s only fit and established striker, manager Brendan Rodgers has said that he will be looking to strengthen that area of his squad next month.
A new option for Rodgers has been put forward by the Daily Mirror, who claim that Dynamo Kiev front man Artem Milevskiy may well be available. The Ukraine international was believed to be a target for the Reds back in 2010, when Roy Hodgson was in charge at Anfield.
Dynamo Kiev could decide to sell Milevskiy, 27, in January rather than risk losing him for free in the summer when his contract is set to expire.
Liverpool could also look closer home with the Daily Star Sunday reporting that Liverpool are prepared to offer £12 million for in-form West Bromwich Albion striker Shane Long. The Republic of Ireland international has contributed five goals and four assists in 14 Premier League appearances this season.
Rodgers worked with the 25-year-old in his short time at Reading, while Liverpool are reported to have shown interest in Long last year. According to the Star, Liverpool have already informed Long’s advisers of their interest in the player.
The Sun has ventured a further target for Liverpool with the claim that Rodgers is eager to recruit Lyon front man Bafetimbi Gomis. The 27-year-old France international has been in impressive form this season, netting 10 goals in Ligue 1. Last week Gomis scored a hat-trick in the top of the table clash with Marseille.
Liverpool could also look to strengthen their midfield and are being suggested as potential suitors for West Ham’s Mohamed Diame. The Daily Mail reports that the dynamic 25-year-old had a buyout clause inserted in his contract when he arrived on a free transfer from Wigan in the summer.
While the amount of that clause is unknown, the Mail claims that Liverpool and Everton could be prepared to pay £6 million for the Senegal international. Diame has been widely praised for his performances since arriving at Upton Park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft