Kate Middleton Pregnant, Duchess Of Cambridge Expecting Baby With Prince William, St. James's Palace Confirms [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 4, 2012 3:38 AM EST
St James's Palace in London has confirmed that Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting a baby.
Multiple news outlets are reporting that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are officially expecting a child after spending their first year of marriage in a quaint Welsh cottage.
According to Us Weekly, Prince William and his wife will move to a more “secure environment” in preparation for the baby. The two will reportedly make their permanent home in Apartment 1A of London's Kensington Palace, a four-story, 20-room flat undergoing a $1.5 million renovation.
"Kate is keen to put her stamp on the place with things she's bought on her travels," Us Weekly wrote, citing an anonymous source. "She felt certain pieces would be nice 'when we have a bigger home.'"
Middleton and Prince William will move in there full-time this summer, and, according to the source, “a baby is the main reason for the move.”
"They want to bring a child up in a secure environment,” the source added.
While news is just breaking about a royal pregnancy, the boy or girl will jump ahead of William's younger brother, Uncle Harry, in line for the throne. Last year, the United Kingdom made a historical constitutional change, giving a firstborn girl the right to succeed to the throne over her younger brother. (Queen Elizabeth II was crowned in 1953 only because she didn't have any brothers.)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports