Borussia Dortmund v Manchester City: Champions League, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | December 4, 2012 3:18 AM EST
Manchester City travel to Germany to face Borussia Dortmund for their final game of this season's Champions League, with the Premier League champions playing for pride as they look to end their campaign with a win.
The English champions are rock bottom of their group with three points, and have already been eliminated. However City manager Roberto Mancini, who has come under fire for his poor Champions League record in recent weeks, will be keen to prove he belongs in Europe's premier competition by securing a win against Dortmund, who have already secured qualification with 11 points.
Where to Watch
Kick-off is set for 7:45pm GMT. Live coverage will be available, from 7pm GMT on Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports 2 HD.
The midweek game is not a crucial tie for Dortmund as they have already progressed to the next stage of the tournament. Jurgen Klopp's side has sealed their berth in the knock out stages after their 4-1 victory against Ajax on match day five.
Dortmund come into the match after securing a 1-1 draw against league rivals Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena. The German champions did not enjoy a great start to their domestic campaign as they are currently third in the Bundesliga table with 27 points, trailing Jupp Heynckes' side by 11 points with Bayern Leverkusen in second with 30 points. Klopp's side enter into this game being unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions.
The English champions are paying for the defensive errors committed during their first game of the tournament against Real Madrid, which City lost 3-2 in the dying minutes after leading twice. City have continued to struggle during the rest of the group stage. However, if they beat Dortmund and Real defeat Ajax in Madrid, Mancini's men could still qualify for the Europa League.
- Last Five ( all competitions, most recent first): D D W W W
- Last Result: Bayern Munich 1-1 Borussia Dortmund
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W D D W
- Last Result: Manchester City 1-1 Everton
Dortmund will be looking to rest their key players for the game against City since they have already confirmed their berth in the next stage of the tournament. Left back Chris Lowe and his compatriot Patrick Owomoyela are only injury worries for the German side.
Probable Line-Up: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Hummels, Subotic, Schmelzer; Gundogan, Leitner, Blaszczykowski, Gotze; Reus, Lewandowski
Roberto Mancini has more selection worries as key player Yaya Toure is suspended for the game against Dortmund after he picked his third yellow card of the tournament. In addition, the English champions will be without the likes of midfielder James Milner who picked up a hamstring injury during last week's win against Wigan while defender Aleksandar Kolarov limped out of the game during the 1-1 draw against Everton.
Meanwhile, former Arsenal defender Gael Clichy, summer recruit Jack Rodwell and England international Micah Richards are all ruled out for the midweek game against the German champions.
Probable Line-Up: Hart; Maicon, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta; Silva, Barry, Garcia, Nasri; Aguero, Dzeko
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica