Facebook to Track ‘Keeping Our Kids Safe From Predators 2’ Paedophile Monitoring Page
By Ewan Palmer | December 4, 2012 12:52 AM EST
Facebook said it will track the content of a paedophile monitoring page after it was forced to remove an identical predecessor page by a high court order.
The page "Keeping our kids safe from predators" was removed after a convicted sex offender who appeared on the page won a court order against it. A judge ruled that some of the content amounted to harassment and breached the man's human rights.
Almost immediately, however, a second Facbook page, "Keeping our kids safe from predators 2", appeared on Facebook. Again, it features the names and pictures of convicted sex offenders.
The second page, which has gained over 3,500 "likes" carries a warning that rude or threatening comments will lead to the removal of the commentator.
A spokesman for Facebook told IBTimes UK that the page was not violating the company's terms and conditions but that it would be monitored.
A spokesman said: "Consistent with the court order, the [first] page is unavailable. We will be studying the text of the order before deciding on [our] next steps."
The man who took the case to court, who cannot be named, was jailed for six years for sex offences committed more than two decades ago.
His lawyers are seeking disclosure of the identity of the man who set up the original page. It is not clear if the person responsible for the second page also made the original one, but one of the earliest posts by the page administrator read: "Back 2 the start i go everything i shared from the last page is gone grrrrrrrrrrrr :( just not fair at all."
In his court ruling, Justice McCloskey said: "Society has dealt with the plaintiff in accordance with the rule of law.
"He has been punished by incarceration and he is subject to substantial daily restrictions on his lifestyle."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- How Australian Father Stabbed 11-Year-Old Son Dead, More Details Emerge
- ISIS Crucifies Teenage Boy For Filming Syrian Base; Image Of Baby Girl Being Beheaded Found [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage