Manchester United Prepare £40m Bid for Dortmund Duo – Report
By Adrian Back | December 4, 2012 12:41 AM EST
Manchester United are believed to be close to completing deals that would see Borussia Dortmund pair Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze move to Old Trafford in the summer.
Sky Deutchland has reported that United have already agreed a £12million deal that would see Lewandowski leave the Bundesliga side at the end of the season in order to link up with his former teammate Shinji Kagawa.
The Japan international was signed by Manchester United last summer after Sir Alex Ferguson travelled to Germany to watch the midfielder in action as Dortmund beat Bayern Munich to win the DFB-Pokal Cup.
Lewandowski scored a hat-trick in that game and he has been repeatedly linked with a move to Manchester United as he has continued to impress both in the league and in Champions League action.
The Poland international has scored 13 goals in all competitions already this season and has displayed his quality in a tough Champions League group which contains Manchester City, Ajax and Real Madrid.
It was believed that United's interest may have softened after signing Robin van Persie, but it appears Ferguson is keen to add yet another striker to his ranks for next season.
Lewandowski could also be joined by his Dortmund teammate Gotze who has been in equally impressive form this season.
The 20-year-old has established himself in the Dortmund first team this season and has already scored five goals in his 13 league appearances.
Portuguese publication A Bola believes that Manchester United are ready to make an offer of £28million at the end of the season, as they plot to bring the creative midfielder to Old Trafford.
Gotze has already been capped 20 times by Germany and is viewed as one of the brightest prospects in the Bundesliga, having made his debut for Dortmund when he was still a teenager.
The report suggests that Arsenal have also shown an interest in the midfielder, but United are the frontrunners and have already declared their interest in signing Gotze in the summer.
Dortmund are struggling to match their achievements of recent seasons and are already 11 points behind Bayern Muncih, while Manchester United are currently top of the Premier League and have looked impressive in Europe.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia