Manchester United Prepare £40m Bid for Dortmund Duo – Report
By Adrian Back | December 4, 2012 12:41 AM EST
Manchester United are believed to be close to completing deals that would see Borussia Dortmund pair Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze move to Old Trafford in the summer.
Sky Deutchland has reported that United have already agreed a £12million deal that would see Lewandowski leave the Bundesliga side at the end of the season in order to link up with his former teammate Shinji Kagawa.
The Japan international was signed by Manchester United last summer after Sir Alex Ferguson travelled to Germany to watch the midfielder in action as Dortmund beat Bayern Munich to win the DFB-Pokal Cup.
Lewandowski scored a hat-trick in that game and he has been repeatedly linked with a move to Manchester United as he has continued to impress both in the league and in Champions League action.
The Poland international has scored 13 goals in all competitions already this season and has displayed his quality in a tough Champions League group which contains Manchester City, Ajax and Real Madrid.
It was believed that United's interest may have softened after signing Robin van Persie, but it appears Ferguson is keen to add yet another striker to his ranks for next season.
Lewandowski could also be joined by his Dortmund teammate Gotze who has been in equally impressive form this season.
The 20-year-old has established himself in the Dortmund first team this season and has already scored five goals in his 13 league appearances.
Portuguese publication A Bola believes that Manchester United are ready to make an offer of £28million at the end of the season, as they plot to bring the creative midfielder to Old Trafford.
Gotze has already been capped 20 times by Germany and is viewed as one of the brightest prospects in the Bundesliga, having made his debut for Dortmund when he was still a teenager.
The report suggests that Arsenal have also shown an interest in the midfielder, but United are the frontrunners and have already declared their interest in signing Gotze in the summer.
Dortmund are struggling to match their achievements of recent seasons and are already 11 points behind Bayern Muncih, while Manchester United are currently top of the Premier League and have looked impressive in Europe.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How