Manchester United Prepare £40m Bid for Dortmund Duo – Report
By Adrian Back | December 4, 2012 12:41 AM EST
Manchester United are believed to be close to completing deals that would see Borussia Dortmund pair Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze move to Old Trafford in the summer.
Sky Deutchland has reported that United have already agreed a £12million deal that would see Lewandowski leave the Bundesliga side at the end of the season in order to link up with his former teammate Shinji Kagawa.
The Japan international was signed by Manchester United last summer after Sir Alex Ferguson travelled to Germany to watch the midfielder in action as Dortmund beat Bayern Munich to win the DFB-Pokal Cup.
Lewandowski scored a hat-trick in that game and he has been repeatedly linked with a move to Manchester United as he has continued to impress both in the league and in Champions League action.
The Poland international has scored 13 goals in all competitions already this season and has displayed his quality in a tough Champions League group which contains Manchester City, Ajax and Real Madrid.
It was believed that United's interest may have softened after signing Robin van Persie, but it appears Ferguson is keen to add yet another striker to his ranks for next season.
Lewandowski could also be joined by his Dortmund teammate Gotze who has been in equally impressive form this season.
The 20-year-old has established himself in the Dortmund first team this season and has already scored five goals in his 13 league appearances.
Portuguese publication A Bola believes that Manchester United are ready to make an offer of £28million at the end of the season, as they plot to bring the creative midfielder to Old Trafford.
Gotze has already been capped 20 times by Germany and is viewed as one of the brightest prospects in the Bundesliga, having made his debut for Dortmund when he was still a teenager.
The report suggests that Arsenal have also shown an interest in the midfielder, but United are the frontrunners and have already declared their interest in signing Gotze in the summer.
Dortmund are struggling to match their achievements of recent seasons and are already 11 points behind Bayern Muncih, while Manchester United are currently top of the Premier League and have looked impressive in Europe.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage