IRS Seizes Lindsay Lohan's Bank Accounts for Unpaid Taxes
By Toyin Owoseje | December 3, 2012 11:49 PM EST
Lindsay Lohan's tax woes have gone from bad to worse after the Internal Revenue Service seized all her bank accounts.
The 26-year-old actress, who reportedly owes $233,904 in unpaid federal taxes, had her accounts seized by the US government agency in a bid to force her to pay her outstanding debt.
According to TMZ, the Mean Girls star was panicking about her financial situation and was desperately trying to make some cash to get out of the red.
Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen recently gave Lindsay $100,000 towards the tax bill she owed for 2009.
The duo are said to have got close on the set of Scary Movie 5 in September.
"Charlie has a long history of helping out his friends in many ways and this is just another example of that," his publicist Larry Solters said.
Despite his helping hand, not only does Lohan have a tax lien filed against her for 2010 but she also owes for 2011.
Her mounting tax troubles come on top of an arrest for allegedly punching a woman in the face in a New York nightclub.
She is already under probation on a jewellery theft charge and is under investigation for allegedly lying to police when her Porsche was involved in a collision with a lorry in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate