IRS Seizes Lindsay Lohan's Bank Accounts for Unpaid Taxes
By Toyin Owoseje | December 3, 2012 11:49 PM EST
Lindsay Lohan's tax woes have gone from bad to worse after the Internal Revenue Service seized all her bank accounts.
The 26-year-old actress, who reportedly owes $233,904 in unpaid federal taxes, had her accounts seized by the US government agency in a bid to force her to pay her outstanding debt.
According to TMZ, the Mean Girls star was panicking about her financial situation and was desperately trying to make some cash to get out of the red.
Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen recently gave Lindsay $100,000 towards the tax bill she owed for 2009.
The duo are said to have got close on the set of Scary Movie 5 in September.
"Charlie has a long history of helping out his friends in many ways and this is just another example of that," his publicist Larry Solters said.
Despite his helping hand, not only does Lohan have a tax lien filed against her for 2010 but she also owes for 2011.
Her mounting tax troubles come on top of an arrest for allegedly punching a woman in the face in a New York nightclub.
She is already under probation on a jewellery theft charge and is under investigation for allegedly lying to police when her Porsche was involved in a collision with a lorry in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery