IRS Seizes Lindsay Lohan's Bank Accounts for Unpaid Taxes
By Toyin Owoseje | December 3, 2012 11:49 PM EST
Lindsay Lohan's tax woes have gone from bad to worse after the Internal Revenue Service seized all her bank accounts.
The 26-year-old actress, who reportedly owes $233,904 in unpaid federal taxes, had her accounts seized by the US government agency in a bid to force her to pay her outstanding debt.
According to TMZ, the Mean Girls star was panicking about her financial situation and was desperately trying to make some cash to get out of the red.
Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen recently gave Lindsay $100,000 towards the tax bill she owed for 2009.
The duo are said to have got close on the set of Scary Movie 5 in September.
"Charlie has a long history of helping out his friends in many ways and this is just another example of that," his publicist Larry Solters said.
Despite his helping hand, not only does Lohan have a tax lien filed against her for 2010 but she also owes for 2011.
Her mounting tax troubles come on top of an arrest for allegedly punching a woman in the face in a New York nightclub.
She is already under probation on a jewellery theft charge and is under investigation for allegedly lying to police when her Porsche was involved in a collision with a lorry in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report