IRS Seizes Lindsay Lohan's Bank Accounts for Unpaid Taxes
By Toyin Owoseje | December 3, 2012 11:49 PM EST
Lindsay Lohan's tax woes have gone from bad to worse after the Internal Revenue Service seized all her bank accounts.
The 26-year-old actress, who reportedly owes $233,904 in unpaid federal taxes, had her accounts seized by the US government agency in a bid to force her to pay her outstanding debt.
According to TMZ, the Mean Girls star was panicking about her financial situation and was desperately trying to make some cash to get out of the red.
Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen recently gave Lindsay $100,000 towards the tax bill she owed for 2009.
The duo are said to have got close on the set of Scary Movie 5 in September.
"Charlie has a long history of helping out his friends in many ways and this is just another example of that," his publicist Larry Solters said.
Despite his helping hand, not only does Lohan have a tax lien filed against her for 2010 but she also owes for 2011.
Her mounting tax troubles come on top of an arrest for allegedly punching a woman in the face in a New York nightclub.
She is already under probation on a jewellery theft charge and is under investigation for allegedly lying to police when her Porsche was involved in a collision with a lorry in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance