IRS Seizes Lindsay Lohan's Bank Accounts for Unpaid Taxes
By Toyin Owoseje | December 3, 2012 11:49 PM EST
Lindsay Lohan's tax woes have gone from bad to worse after the Internal Revenue Service seized all her bank accounts.
The 26-year-old actress, who reportedly owes $233,904 in unpaid federal taxes, had her accounts seized by the US government agency in a bid to force her to pay her outstanding debt.
According to TMZ, the Mean Girls star was panicking about her financial situation and was desperately trying to make some cash to get out of the red.
Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen recently gave Lindsay $100,000 towards the tax bill she owed for 2009.
The duo are said to have got close on the set of Scary Movie 5 in September.
"Charlie has a long history of helping out his friends in many ways and this is just another example of that," his publicist Larry Solters said.
Despite his helping hand, not only does Lohan have a tax lien filed against her for 2010 but she also owes for 2011.
Her mounting tax troubles come on top of an arrest for allegedly punching a woman in the face in a New York nightclub.
She is already under probation on a jewellery theft charge and is under investigation for allegedly lying to police when her Porsche was involved in a collision with a lorry in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown