AVB: Trio's Return Will Negate Need For January Signings
By Vanessa Keller | December 3, 2012 10:22 PM EST
Andre Villas-Boas insists that with a star trio making a return from injury for Tottenham, he doesn't need to sign any new faces in January as the north London side mount a challenge for a top four spot.
Spurs have had a season of mixed fortunes so far, with three wins and three losses in their last six matches.
Though Tottenham are now on a winning run, with a convincing 3-0 victory over Fulham at the weekend, the side are still being connected with a range of transfer targets.
But Villas-Boas insists that the club will not be looking at bringing in new faces in the winter window, with the likes of Younes Kabul, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Scott Parker all touted to make returns from injury.
"We have three top players coming back from injury that played most of the games last season - Younes Kabul, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Scott Parker," Villas-Boas told Sky Sports.
"These will be major additions to our squad and we are happy to continue with this squad."
Tottenham have typically been very involved in January transfer windows under the direction of Harry Redknapp.
As Spurs defeated Fulham, supporters sang the name of the man who is now in charge of QPR, but Villas-Boas insists he isn't bothered by it.
"The chanting is normal," he explained. "We just have to continue so they do not change the chant!
"I just want them to get behind the team, it's the team that has been absolutely amazing."
Tottenham were linked to another move for Joao Moutinho, but Villas-Boas insisted that is no longer a possibility. And though there were reports circulating that they made a bid for Nancy left-back Massadio Haidara, the side's sporting director insists no concrete offers have been made by the north London club.
"Fiorentina and Tottenham chasing Haidara? There are many clubs interested in him, but for the moment we have not received concrete offers," he told Calciomercato.com.
"I don't know. I only know that the press have put out many declarations, but for now Massadio remains a Nancy player."
And with Villas-Boas' declaration that Tottenham aren't actively seeking any players in the typically over-priced January window, it appears unlikely that they will move to buy Haidara.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display