Wenger: Fans Play Role in Arsenal's Poor Home Form
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 3, 2012 9:19 PM EST
Arsenal have not had a good start to the 2012/13 Premier League season and the weekend's 0-2 home defeat to Swansea City leaves the Gunners in 10th with only 21 points. This is now the north London club's worse ever start to a season since Arsene Wenger took over nearly two decades ago, leading Wenger to comment he would consider his future at the Emirates if there was no change at the end of the season.
However, the 63 year old Frenchman has now reiterated his determination to remain at the club until his contract, which runs till 2014, expires, irrespective of where the club finishes in the league.
"If you ask me always about my future, I can only give you one answer. I always respected my contracts, and that is it," Wenger explained.
Arsenal's poor league form this season is reflected in the fact the club have only won only three of seven games at home, leading Wenger to criticise the club's fans for not having confidence in their side.
"At home we have struggled with confidence and belief. It's difficult to put a finger on it because we won 5-2 against Tottenham and we had not lost for a while. You look at the moment at this uncertainty amongst the fans, where there is not complete confidence that we will win games," he explained.
Wenger added that a lack of confidence from the fans' perspective had its impact on the way the team played but also admitted it should not affect on-field results.
"I don't know if it has an influence on our performance - we have to look at the solution from inside and not expect too much from outside. I believe that at the moment we cannot be satisfied with the quality of our game. But at the moment that is more important than the psychological side. But this was a more physical factor than psychological," he concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan