Wenger: Fans Play Role in Arsenal's Poor Home Form
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 3, 2012 9:19 PM EST
Arsenal have not had a good start to the 2012/13 Premier League season and the weekend's 0-2 home defeat to Swansea City leaves the Gunners in 10th with only 21 points. This is now the north London club's worse ever start to a season since Arsene Wenger took over nearly two decades ago, leading Wenger to comment he would consider his future at the Emirates if there was no change at the end of the season.
However, the 63 year old Frenchman has now reiterated his determination to remain at the club until his contract, which runs till 2014, expires, irrespective of where the club finishes in the league.
"If you ask me always about my future, I can only give you one answer. I always respected my contracts, and that is it," Wenger explained.
Arsenal's poor league form this season is reflected in the fact the club have only won only three of seven games at home, leading Wenger to criticise the club's fans for not having confidence in their side.
"At home we have struggled with confidence and belief. It's difficult to put a finger on it because we won 5-2 against Tottenham and we had not lost for a while. You look at the moment at this uncertainty amongst the fans, where there is not complete confidence that we will win games," he explained.
Wenger added that a lack of confidence from the fans' perspective had its impact on the way the team played but also admitted it should not affect on-field results.
"I don't know if it has an influence on our performance - we have to look at the solution from inside and not expect too much from outside. I believe that at the moment we cannot be satisfied with the quality of our game. But at the moment that is more important than the psychological side. But this was a more physical factor than psychological," he concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet