Wenger: Fans Play Role in Arsenal's Poor Home Form
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 3, 2012 9:19 PM EST
Arsenal have not had a good start to the 2012/13 Premier League season and the weekend's 0-2 home defeat to Swansea City leaves the Gunners in 10th with only 21 points. This is now the north London club's worse ever start to a season since Arsene Wenger took over nearly two decades ago, leading Wenger to comment he would consider his future at the Emirates if there was no change at the end of the season.
However, the 63 year old Frenchman has now reiterated his determination to remain at the club until his contract, which runs till 2014, expires, irrespective of where the club finishes in the league.
"If you ask me always about my future, I can only give you one answer. I always respected my contracts, and that is it," Wenger explained.
Arsenal's poor league form this season is reflected in the fact the club have only won only three of seven games at home, leading Wenger to criticise the club's fans for not having confidence in their side.
"At home we have struggled with confidence and belief. It's difficult to put a finger on it because we won 5-2 against Tottenham and we had not lost for a while. You look at the moment at this uncertainty amongst the fans, where there is not complete confidence that we will win games," he explained.
Wenger added that a lack of confidence from the fans' perspective had its impact on the way the team played but also admitted it should not affect on-field results.
"I don't know if it has an influence on our performance - we have to look at the solution from inside and not expect too much from outside. I believe that at the moment we cannot be satisfied with the quality of our game. But at the moment that is more important than the psychological side. But this was a more physical factor than psychological," he concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans