Wenger: Fans Play Role in Arsenal's Poor Home Form
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 3, 2012 9:19 PM EST
Arsenal have not had a good start to the 2012/13 Premier League season and the weekend's 0-2 home defeat to Swansea City leaves the Gunners in 10th with only 21 points. This is now the north London club's worse ever start to a season since Arsene Wenger took over nearly two decades ago, leading Wenger to comment he would consider his future at the Emirates if there was no change at the end of the season.
However, the 63 year old Frenchman has now reiterated his determination to remain at the club until his contract, which runs till 2014, expires, irrespective of where the club finishes in the league.
"If you ask me always about my future, I can only give you one answer. I always respected my contracts, and that is it," Wenger explained.
Arsenal's poor league form this season is reflected in the fact the club have only won only three of seven games at home, leading Wenger to criticise the club's fans for not having confidence in their side.
"At home we have struggled with confidence and belief. It's difficult to put a finger on it because we won 5-2 against Tottenham and we had not lost for a while. You look at the moment at this uncertainty amongst the fans, where there is not complete confidence that we will win games," he explained.
Wenger added that a lack of confidence from the fans' perspective had its impact on the way the team played but also admitted it should not affect on-field results.
"I don't know if it has an influence on our performance - we have to look at the solution from inside and not expect too much from outside. I believe that at the moment we cannot be satisfied with the quality of our game. But at the moment that is more important than the psychological side. But this was a more physical factor than psychological," he concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff