Wenger: Fans Play Role in Arsenal's Poor Home Form
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 3, 2012 9:19 PM EST
Arsenal have not had a good start to the 2012/13 Premier League season and the weekend's 0-2 home defeat to Swansea City leaves the Gunners in 10th with only 21 points. This is now the north London club's worse ever start to a season since Arsene Wenger took over nearly two decades ago, leading Wenger to comment he would consider his future at the Emirates if there was no change at the end of the season.
However, the 63 year old Frenchman has now reiterated his determination to remain at the club until his contract, which runs till 2014, expires, irrespective of where the club finishes in the league.
"If you ask me always about my future, I can only give you one answer. I always respected my contracts, and that is it," Wenger explained.
Arsenal's poor league form this season is reflected in the fact the club have only won only three of seven games at home, leading Wenger to criticise the club's fans for not having confidence in their side.
"At home we have struggled with confidence and belief. It's difficult to put a finger on it because we won 5-2 against Tottenham and we had not lost for a while. You look at the moment at this uncertainty amongst the fans, where there is not complete confidence that we will win games," he explained.
Wenger added that a lack of confidence from the fans' perspective had its impact on the way the team played but also admitted it should not affect on-field results.
"I don't know if it has an influence on our performance - we have to look at the solution from inside and not expect too much from outside. I believe that at the moment we cannot be satisfied with the quality of our game. But at the moment that is more important than the psychological side. But this was a more physical factor than psychological," he concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports