EU Morning Report - ESM downgraded but EUR still strong
By NikolasX | December 3, 2012 7:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, even as Moody’s cut the AAA rating of the European Stability Mechanism (ESM). Early in the Asian session, China released a slightly stronger manufacturing PMI confirming that the nation is continuing its recovery. There has been no breakthrough regarding the “fiscal cliff” situation in the US and every day spent without any development is going to hurt market sentiment more and more.
§ This has traditionally been a strong month for equities as shown by the S&P 500 (tracked by the US 500 (SPI) rising 16 times in the past 20 years during the month of December.
§ The euro (EUR) is again trading above 1.30 against the US dollar (USD). This is the 5th time the single currency is trying this move in the past 7 trading days, and this time it has recorded a higher high at 1.3046.
§ OIL rebounded off its 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel support level and now trades just below the 89.00 figure. A break above that level could pave the way for higher highs.
§ The US dollar (USD) is falling against the Japanese yen (JPY) and the pair now lies just above the 82.00 psychological level. It will be interesting to see whether the greenback will pull a rebound.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2990||LONG @ 1.2990||31% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||32% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6015||LONG @ 1.6025||34% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0425||SHORT @ 1.0425||47% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1703||LONG @ 1703||67% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||87.65||LONG @ 87.65||41% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||08:53||German PMI Manufacturing in November||46.8|
|.||GBP||09:28||PMI Manufacturing in November||48|
|.||USD||15:00||ISM Manufacturing in November||51.2|
The euro (EUR) has pierced above the 1.2500 resistance area against the Australian dollar (AUD) early in the Asian session as the markets open following the weekend break. This previous resistance is expected to now act as a support and an excellent risk/reward entry point for long positions.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports