EU Morning Report - ESM downgraded but EUR still strong
By NikolasX | December 3, 2012 7:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, even as Moody’s cut the AAA rating of the European Stability Mechanism (ESM). Early in the Asian session, China released a slightly stronger manufacturing PMI confirming that the nation is continuing its recovery. There has been no breakthrough regarding the “fiscal cliff” situation in the US and every day spent without any development is going to hurt market sentiment more and more.
§ This has traditionally been a strong month for equities as shown by the S&P 500 (tracked by the US 500 (SPI) rising 16 times in the past 20 years during the month of December.
§ The euro (EUR) is again trading above 1.30 against the US dollar (USD). This is the 5th time the single currency is trying this move in the past 7 trading days, and this time it has recorded a higher high at 1.3046.
§ OIL rebounded off its 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel support level and now trades just below the 89.00 figure. A break above that level could pave the way for higher highs.
§ The US dollar (USD) is falling against the Japanese yen (JPY) and the pair now lies just above the 82.00 psychological level. It will be interesting to see whether the greenback will pull a rebound.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2990||LONG @ 1.2990||31% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||32% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6015||LONG @ 1.6025||34% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0425||SHORT @ 1.0425||47% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1703||LONG @ 1703||67% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||87.65||LONG @ 87.65||41% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||08:53||German PMI Manufacturing in November||46.8|
|.||GBP||09:28||PMI Manufacturing in November||48|
|.||USD||15:00||ISM Manufacturing in November||51.2|
The euro (EUR) has pierced above the 1.2500 resistance area against the Australian dollar (AUD) early in the Asian session as the markets open following the weekend break. This previous resistance is expected to now act as a support and an excellent risk/reward entry point for long positions.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date