EU Morning Report - ESM downgraded but EUR still strong
By NikolasX | December 3, 2012 7:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, even as Moody’s cut the AAA rating of the European Stability Mechanism (ESM). Early in the Asian session, China released a slightly stronger manufacturing PMI confirming that the nation is continuing its recovery. There has been no breakthrough regarding the “fiscal cliff” situation in the US and every day spent without any development is going to hurt market sentiment more and more.
§ This has traditionally been a strong month for equities as shown by the S&P 500 (tracked by the US 500 (SPI) rising 16 times in the past 20 years during the month of December.
§ The euro (EUR) is again trading above 1.30 against the US dollar (USD). This is the 5th time the single currency is trying this move in the past 7 trading days, and this time it has recorded a higher high at 1.3046.
§ OIL rebounded off its 87.00 US dollars (USD) a barrel support level and now trades just below the 89.00 figure. A break above that level could pave the way for higher highs.
§ The US dollar (USD) is falling against the Japanese yen (JPY) and the pair now lies just above the 82.00 psychological level. It will be interesting to see whether the greenback will pull a rebound.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2990||LONG @ 1.2990||31% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||32% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6015||LONG @ 1.6025||34% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0425||SHORT @ 1.0425||47% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1703||LONG @ 1703||67% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||87.65||LONG @ 87.65||41% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||08:53||German PMI Manufacturing in November||46.8|
|.||GBP||09:28||PMI Manufacturing in November||48|
|.||USD||15:00||ISM Manufacturing in November||51.2|
The euro (EUR) has pierced above the 1.2500 resistance area against the Australian dollar (AUD) early in the Asian session as the markets open following the weekend break. This previous resistance is expected to now act as a support and an excellent risk/reward entry point for long positions.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'