Late-night Crash Causes M1 Motorway Chaos
By Dominic Gover | December 3, 2012 7:49 PM EST
Motorists have faced chaos on the M1 this morning with severe delays caused by a major smash in the early hours.
The southbound carriageway near Watford was shut to traffic during the rush hour today (Monday).
The situation is not expected to return to normal until mid-morning, according to the Highways Agency.
Last night, the northbound carriageway was also shut by the serious incident - which happened at 2.40am.
Motorists seeking a detour are also advised of the additional closure of the A41 westbound link to the M1 northbound carriage. The A1, A40 and M40 are alternative routes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- New Zealand Election Countdown: Final Campaign Week Marred With More Controversial 'Revelations'
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III