Late-night Crash Causes M1 Motorway Chaos
By Dominic Gover | December 3, 2012 7:49 PM EST
Motorists have faced chaos on the M1 this morning with severe delays caused by a major smash in the early hours.
The southbound carriageway near Watford was shut to traffic during the rush hour today (Monday).
The situation is not expected to return to normal until mid-morning, according to the Highways Agency.
Last night, the northbound carriageway was also shut by the serious incident - which happened at 2.40am.
Motorists seeking a detour are also advised of the additional closure of the A41 westbound link to the M1 northbound carriage. The A1, A40 and M40 are alternative routes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- Kim Dotcom Thinks He Will Go To Jail in New Zealand; Admits Before Bail Hearing He is 'Broke'
- Pope Francis Not Closing Doors For Talks With ISIS Despite Death Threat
- Why Michael Brown's Killer, Darren Wilson, Lurks In Shadows, 'Fears For His Life' And Hints That He Will Leave Police Force
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO